banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I have to make wider holes on my pickup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I have to make wider holes on my pickup?

I put the screws in then the springs undernearth.. but the pickup will not slide. Do I have to make the holes wider with a drill?

Re: Do I have to make wider holes on my pickup?

what do you mean SLIDE... when you mount your pickups they do not "slide" they raise and lower. Please Re-frase your ????

Comment

I'll tell you what I know to try and answer your question, but first let me say this:

DON'T DO ANYTHING TO YOUR PICKUPS ULNESS YOU'RE DAMN SURE IT SHOULD BE DONE.

Pickups are designed to be adjusted in height, in and out from your guitar to increase or decrease the distance between the coils and the strings. In order to keep a single tone, the pickups are held at a constant height by screws. By adjusting the screws, the height can be adjusted but pickups are not designed to move or slide around by themselves. DO NOT modify the holes for the screws. Doing this will only give you a headache. Perhaps better yet, take your guitar to a professional to install pickups and ask them to explain the process. Most pro's I know are more than happy to help out a customer.

Comment

by the way you worded your question, i think you installed them wrong...the spring does not go below the pickup. it goes pickguard or mounting ring with the screw through it then the spring over the screw which then the screw threads into the pickup letting the pickup move up and down by the compression of the spring. so your spring should be around the screw between the pickguard or mounting ring and the pickup not below it.

-Mike
        www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

Working...
        X