Supertramp solo cover - arranging keys for guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supertramp solo cover - arranging keys for guitar

Arranged the keyboard bit at the start of Bloody Well Right for guitar . . . it was a fun exercise and I learned a lot doing it. Had to change several chunks of the solo as it hits a lot of notes higher than my 22 frets can reach, but tried to keep the feel as similar as possible. Hoping with a little practice I can speed it up a bit and do live covers of the tune without a keyboardist.

Please don't mind the sloppy playing!

http://www.soundclick.com/player/sin...=13033324&q=hi

Charvel/EVO neck -> univibed small stone -> compressor -> old el-84 class A amp set very clean.
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Re: Supertramp solo cover - arranging keys for guitar

That was cool. Sounded good to me.

Comment

Thanks!

This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

That was cool, and I'm sure very educational. Transcribing is a great way to learn your instrument better.
        Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
        My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

The weirdest part was that there's no bending, sliding, or vibrato in the whole thing. It took a while to get the feel of just playing notes.

Comment

Working...
          X