My laptop mic isn't as bad as I expected it to be: Rig Capture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My laptop mic isn't as bad as I expected it to be: Rig Capture

I decided to do a rig demonstration via my laptop and it worked out well, because here it is. all 23:58 of it. xD enjoy the horrible-ish playing and the excessive shredding on a Squier.

WARNING: Traces of AATC.
    Gear
    Organs: 1972-73 Conn 632 "Serenade" analog theater organ, 1967 Hammond H-111 (not sounding but working), '72 Hammond T-524 + my '71 Hammond L-112 across the country.
    Synths: Roland D-20, Kawai K11, Yamaha QS300
    Leslie Cabinets: 1975 Leslie 825 and 1974 Leslie 705.
    Guitars: Monterey Stage Series bitsa, 1991 Charvel CX-291 bitsa, 70s Hondo acoustic and a ton of parts.
    Pedalboard: Home made DJ case thing conversion with a lot of budget pedals on it.
    Amps: Fender Sidekick Reverb 35

Re: My laptop mic isn't as bad as I expected it to be: Rig Capture

Sounds way better than my Zoom Looper lol....you shouldn't have stopped so soon..
    "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Yeah, this laptop cost me nothing as I got it for free off my mother. She didn't want it so I got rid of Windows and put Linux Mint on it. I may go back to Windows for compatibility reasons at one point but for now Linux Mint runs super fiiine!
      Gear
      Organs: 1972-73 Conn 632 "Serenade" analog theater organ, 1967 Hammond H-111 (not sounding but working), '72 Hammond T-524 + my '71 Hammond L-112 across the country.
      Guitars: Monterey Stage Series bitsa, 1991 Charvel CX-291 bitsa, 70s Hondo acoustic and a ton of parts.
      Pedalboard: Home made DJ case thing conversion with a lot of budget pedals on it.

Comment

Hehe, will check this out when I have a chance.
        Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
        My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Thanks man! It's amazing that none of my music gets good replies..
          Gear

Comment

Horses for courses.

Plus, this is not a songwriter's support forum. I have found the expectation is for at least a semi-professional sound clip.
            If you are looking for a warm/fuzzy 'you're doing great', this is not the place.

There are very few who post here with any regularity, and traffic is slow here (which I like). They have also done much to raise the bar in terms of expectations.

Comment

I understand. Basically I wrote an 80's rock song, remember that?
              Gear

Comment

+1 to what TwilightOdyssey said.

I have not posted many clips here myself. Maybe 2 in 9 years? I primarily share clips in other sections of a forum when people ask how some Duncan pickups sound. If I have some recordings available of them I gladly share them.

There are some other forums and websites out there if you want more feedback on your recordings. At this stage, it's great for you to have and keep these recordings to see how your playing progresses over time. Also, it helps you listen when you are not playing to look for things you could improve.

My personal favorite aspect of self-recording is the ability to seek better tone.
                Soundcloud

Comment

This was recorded with my Zoom H4. I figure, I listened to yours, you can return the favor https://soundcloud.com/demanic-1/dre...jamesjim-mance

Comment

I'll return it once I get it all setup correctly.
                    Gear

Comment

Well, that was something. . Reminded me quite a bit of art rock acts like Thurston Moore/Fugazi.

I saw him live once at The Cooler in NYC, and it was a feedback, echo, reverb-drenched cacaphony. Not my cup of meat, but a lot of people were really into it (though I suspect they were tripping b@lls, to tell the truth). The percussionist had literal pots and pans and was banging on them. I thought it was quite surreal ... and then we stepped out into the very late night, mid Summer of late '80s Meat Packing district, confronted by several very large tranny hookers ... man, that night just got stranger and stranger!

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                        This was recorded with my Zoom H4. I figure, I listened to yours, you can return the favor
                        **** right off...nice hijack attempt though. Nobody owes you anything because you listened to their track, go start your own thread.
                        TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

Working...
                        X