By the hands of the devil...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• By the hands of the devil...

Wicked shred & twisted tone (ie...it sucks haha) ...

More Zoom G1XON fun...way faster, sicker & more evil than before

Here's what put me in the mood...new band tees \m/

Click image for larger version

Name:	DE_SHIRT_FRONT_3_Large.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	5836411

Click image for larger version

Name:	DE_SHIRT_BACK.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	239.9 KB
ID:	5836412

4 mins of high speed dirt (The whole thing runs for 15 mins ) I might put it up on youtube or something later..
    "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Re: By the hands of the devil...

eh? ...no love for that sweet little ^^ shredfest? (..and the cool new tee!)

Damn...I knew I should've thrown a few squeals in there to catch some attention

If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Not my kind of music, but from my noob perspective I can certainly appreciate what you were doing. Though admittedly I was really digging that body ( the guitars! ) always been a big fan of either solid colors or "bursts" of some kind, but that is a sweet looking guitar sir!
      “Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil.” - Jerry Garcia

“If it's worth playing, it's worth playing loud!” - Mickey Hart
      ---------------
      Current Gear:
      Fender CD-60 All Mahagony
      2013 60's CV Strat
      Mustang II v.2

Comment

Thanks for checking it out! I've been playing in the same doom metal band since '91 ...so the cheerless stuff comes naturally (well..more like sinister/evil actually lol) ie..not for everyone

Plus from a style perspective, I pretty much do my own thing thing really...it's not traditional or conventional by a long shot.. which I think is cool . I'm Just playing for fun & obviously don't put a whole lot of effort into the whole production aspect either lol, just plug into my looper & fire away haha...it's always interesting to see people's reactions.. (or lack of.. )

Originally posted by LazyLightning View Post
        Though admittedly I was really digging that body ( the guitars! )
        haha ^^ ...relieved to hear that

...always been a big fan of either solid colors or "bursts" of some kind, but that is a sweet looking guitar sir!
        Thanks again Yeah..I love they way it looks too (only reason I bought it...that ..& it was cheap ) Turned out to be a hell of a player as well!!

Youtube

Comment

Busy weekend, just got round to watching.

I really like the lead guitar tone on this one ... you had better be careful, these clips are creeping towards having actual production value!
          Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
          My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

I dig it, but the guitar is too buried in the mix. More volume on the guitar!

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
              Busy weekend, just got round to watching.

I really like the lead guitar tone on this one ... you had better be careful, these clips are creeping towards having actual production value!
              haha..thanks! Who knows ...maybe someday

Originally posted by LLL View Post
              I dig it, but the guitar is too buried in the mix. More volume on the guitar!
              Cheers man ..thanks for checking it out Yeah, I find it a bit hard to make the solo cut through without totally burying the backing track sometimes. What sounds fine through my headphones when I'm playing is often not quite right when played back elsewhere..it's tough to judge. I think it's time I tried tinkering with my settings a bit..I'm still using unedited presets

Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Phantasmagoria View Post
                haha..thanks! Who knows ...maybe someday

Cheers man ..thanks for checking it out Yeah, I find it a bit hard to make the solo cut through without totally burying the backing track sometimes. What sounds fine through my headphones when I'm playing is often not quite right when played back elsewhere..it's tough to judge. I think it's time I tried tinkering with my settings a bit..I'm still using unedited presets
                Try this (no guarantees):

The backing track - scoop out some midrange (not too much)

Your guitar track - add midrange from the frequencies you scooped out in the backing track

For example, you could cut a little 500hZ (or 1KhZ) out of the backing track, and add 500hZ (or 1Khz) to your guitar

By "a little" I'd say around -3dB for cut and for "add", +3dB

Frequencies is/are everything.

Comment

Thanks... I'll give that a go for the next one...except there's just a digital picture of a stombox in the window to edit parameters with (so I need to 'turn' the knobs like with a regular stompbox & there are'nt any hZ/KhZ values so I'll just play it by ear - mids go down for the backing track mids go up for the solo.. )

Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Phantasmagoria View Post
                    Thanks for checking it out! I've been playing in the same doom metal band since '91 ...
                    Wow...and here I was thinking you wern't even born in 91. That sure puts some in perspective...
                    TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

Hehe some evil notes there.....love the tension stuff alot!
                      Keep going...doing ones own thing is a rare thing in these days!

Comment

Originally posted by Kamanda~SD View Post
                        Wow...and here I was thinking you wern't even born in 91. That sure puts some in perspective...
                        Yeah...I'm old lol ..a bit better preserved than some though (comes from wholesome living)

Originally posted by Vasshu the humanoid typhoon View Post
                        Hehe some evil notes there.....love the tension stuff alot!
                        Keep going...doing ones own thing is a rare thing in these days!
                        Thanks Vasshu! While I enjoy all sorts of stuff (both playing and listening to..) it's always been the evil sounding **** that comes most naturally to me for some reason....my comfort zone

Youtube

Comment

Working...
                        X