IF W6R WAS PI9S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IF W6R WAS PI9S

I apologize for the caps in the title, but the numbers don't look right otherwise.

Anyhow, I recently recorded an album of covers for my dad's 60th birthday and I used it as an excuse to do the War Pigs/If 6 Was 9 mashup thats always been in the back of my mind.

So here it is. Figured you guys might enjoy it.

Honestly I would've liked to include more Hendrix, but the original gets fairly dissonant and it just didn't blend smoothly back into Sabbath any other way. I'm still pleased with the results.

Everything is PODxt. Rhythm guitars are MIJ Strat (SSL1 n&m, stock Fender b). 2 cleanish tracks blended with 2 Black Russian Muff tracks for Sabbath parts, bridge pup. Neck and mid/bridge notch for Hendrix parts with a Red Witch Moon Phaser overdub. Solos are Gibson Explorer, Super D (b). Black Arts FNORD one side, POD Octave Fuzz the other. Bass is my cheapo but gnarly SX P-bass.
    Originally posted by Aceman
    It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Re: IF W6R WAS PI9S

Well done!!

Comment

Frackin Awesome bro! Loved it
      I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Thank you gentlemen
        Originally posted by Aceman
        It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

Pretty sweet dude.

Comment

I dug that a lot man, very nice.

Comment

yeah thats cool.
              "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
              Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

I dug the sounds (and the playing ofc) a lot! Nice job.
                Burny RLG-60, Baton Rouge AR81C/GACE
                Line6 Helix LT, DV Mark Little 250GH, DV Mark Neoclassic 212

Originally posted by Empty Pockets
                Musicians are ****ing retards.
                Originally posted by ex-250
                Beer can never be the source of wrong.

Comment

Killer
                  "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
                  If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Working...
                  X