Another songwriting demo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another songwriting demo

I love getting into the songwriting groove, it feels great plowing through new ideas. Hard to believe I am about half-way through writing the album coming out NEXT MAY, but I with the aggressive schedule I have set for myself for the next few releases, I want to get as far ahead as I can.

There are a couple of truisms I stick to when writing:

The first is to WRITE ALL THE TIME. Anyone who does any kind of wriing for a living will tell you that the best thing you can do is capture every idea for later ise.

The second is NOTHING IS PRECIOUS. That means about 50% of all ideas never get used. On the other side, waiting for the perfect situation or riff is also a waste of time. Just keep writing and get your stuff out there. Time waits for no man.

All that being said, this riff holds promise. It definitely fits in with the darker tone for the album and is also guitar-centric, like the other songs. Since the first 20-minute song features very little guitar and a MOUNTAIN of synths, I am both subconsciously and consciously going in the other direction; a bit of a palette-cleanse, I think.

Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Re: Another songwriting demo

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
    WRITE ALL THE TIME.NOTHING IS PRECIOUS.
    +1 and +1
    "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
    Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

You are defently going places....
      Will be fun to see where the next project is going!

Comment

Nice catchy riffs.....it's like a sort of proggy-ish Nwobhm direction you're going in to my ears
        "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
        If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Well, the apple never falls too far from the tree.
          There is also the decision to go with a darker vibe on this one and that style is 'home base' for me.

Thanks for listening, everyone!

Comment

Again... nice one! Like both the progression and the guitar sound...

B
            FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X