Songwriting demo in A/Cm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Songwriting demo in A/Cm

My latest songwriting effort; this one starts in A Maj and shifts to Cm. All tracks are temps until reamping.

Last edited by TwilightOdyssey; 04-04-2015, 06:46 PM.
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Re: Songwriting demo in A/Cm

i like it. its expansive.
    "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
    Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Thanks! It was a tricky one ...

Comment

Hey man -- excellent restraint in this piece. This is my favorite thing I've heard from you, and totally the sort of music I would choose to listen to. I especially love that second passage, and actually got scared when the first distorted guitar sounds came in that it was going to become too over-the-top, but to my relief you threw in those tasteful pauses and then the song just continually got better. It's been pretty awesome watching you experiment and evolve!
        Schecter C-1 elite(alt-5, Fullshred)
        Fender Strat (Jb jr, ssl-2)
        Mesa Boogie Rectoverb
        Marshall 1960a
        Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Comment

Thanks so much for the kind words!

Comment

Uh very cinematic feel to this one!

Comment

^Anytime! And I agree with Vasshu that it feels cinematic, but to me that just underscores the way it immediately establishes a mood. I think a lot of really awesome instrumental music gets labelled "soundtrack" music just for being instrumental and/or atmospheric.
              Mesa Boogie Rectoverb
              Marshall 1960a
              Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Comment

There will be singing here eventually, but like most of my stuff the majority is instrumental.

Comment

Cinematic is not just soundtracks to me, it creates images and builds up a special atmosphere

Comment

Originally posted by Vasshu the humanoid typhoon View Post
                    Cinematic is not just soundtracks to me, it creates images and builds up a special atmosphere
                    Interesting distinction. I'd have to agree that this song builds up a "special atmosphere."
                    Mesa Boogie Rectoverb
                    Marshall 1960a
                    Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Comment

This one has a more modern prog-metal direction...pretty different from your previous stuff. It's excellent though...very moody & atmospheric, yet dynamic ..as the other guys said it has a strong film score feel to it.
                      "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
                      If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Phantasmagoria View Post
                        This one has a more modern prog-metal direction...pretty different from your previous stuff. It's excellent though...very moody & atmospheric, yet dynamic ..as the other guys said it has a strong film score feel to it.
                        Thanks There is a deliberate metal/high-gain bent to the new stuff; it will make more sense when it these songs are stacked against the first part, which is 20 minutes of very dense synths and sparse guitar. This material is the anitdote to that. After I am done writing this one, I am jumping right into the next release, which will be my most challenging to date: symphonic folk!
                        My goal is to release this concept serialized over 4 'mini' releases, each one 6 months apart, over 2 years' time. It is the most ambitious musical project I have ever done yet and personally I feel that I have swallowed more than I can chew here, but am determined to push through and do it!!

Comment

Working...
                        X