Kelly Ann

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kelly Ann

Kelly Ann is a burlesque dancer that ive worked with in a few shows over the years. Big Blind Ray is a big fan of hers (can't really blame him for that) and she inspired his dream and also the lyrics to this song. This is the seconds song of the recording session from a couple weeks ago that created the "long legs" song.
    Crank it up. Hope you enjoy.

MOst of the gear is the same as the other song except:
    the bass is one of those epiphone jack casady goldtop semi acoustic basses.
    I swapped to the neck pickup on the sg...an a2 '59 model
    Last edited by Chickenwings; 04-06-2015, 04:57 PM.
    "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
    Yehudi Menuhin

Re: Kelly Ann

I dig the style. Dirty 5ths bass style and some outback six string. Good stuff. I like these songs you've been posting. A nice blend of country and blues with your own style.
    Soundcloud

Comment

Thanks yes we deliberately wanted to add a country vibe even tho we are a rhythm and blues band because there are many country as well as blues/roots festivals in Australia ands we wanted to make what we do accessible to festival goers with diverse tastes.
      Originally Ray wanted a missisippi hill country blues style buit seeing as we are all aussies and grew up on rock music, a legitimate missisippi vibe is not gonna be possible. So we just draw from all kinds of blues and end up doing our own thing anyway. I think its best to do your own thing and have fun rather than to try to be a musicologist or anthropologist.
      "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
      Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

I agree. I love artists who draw inspiration from what they love but still find a way to make it their own. Brave, keep the recordings coming!
        Soundcloud

Comment

unfortunately we only got two done this session. We will do more sessions as the year progresses.
          Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Nice! Thanks for mentioning this in my slide thread.
            “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Uh man...gutsy stuff!
              Dig it!

Comment

Love it!
                Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

a legitimate missisippi vibe is not gonna be possible. So we just draw from all kinds of blues and end up doing our own thing anyway. I think its best to do your own thing and have fun rather than to try to be a musicologist or anthropologist.

Comment

Working...
                  X