banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Randall T2HL head (direct rec output) / Ibby S 540 ltd - Nux Looper jam/solo...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randall T2HL head (direct rec output) / Ibby S 540 ltd - Nux Looper jam/solo...

Finally managed an XLR - 1/4" (x 2) cable to use to record a loop jam/solo with my Randall T2HL

Little Bear Rat Attack pedal (3-in-1 Chinese RAT clone) for the backing track (2 rhythm - no bass). Guitar's my fave '94 Ibby S-540 ltd plugged into my tube/SS hybrid Randall T2HL head (Red channel/no boost) with a touch of delay (Nux Time Core) in the FX loop. 'XLR/rec out' to my Nux Loop Core loop pedal. Recorded with an Olympus LS-20 digital handheld A/V recorder. Felt a bit stiffer/choppier than I like but the tones not bad . Onboard drums from the loop pedal...
    "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Re: Randall T2HL head (direct rec output) / Ibby S 540 ltd - Nux Looper jam/solo...

Atonal madness...
    That is one sweet S Ibanez.

Comment

Re: Randall T2HL head (direct rec output) / Ibby S 540 ltd - Nux Looper jam/solo...

hha..thanks man..

Yeah...if there's one guitar I love it's that one. I've had it practically since I started playing. It's got a pair of handwound A-4 "Sin" pickups in it now (& a lil screamin Demon in the middle) and sounds the best it ever has

If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

I'd love to hear that through a cabinet. Is that the one with a full tube preamp section or am I thinking of the V2?
        The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

A while ago I tried mic'ing my cab but my recorder just would'nt take the cranked tone (sounded like utter sh1t). Mic'd ..but at bedroom volume I get the crappy 'string jangling' sound.

This direct (speaker emulated out) route from the amp works best with the looper ..sounds a bit more compressed than through a cab, but it's useable..

Both amps have full tube preamps. But the T2/T2HL have two 'tube preamp' dirty channels - 'classic tube drive' & 'modern boost' while the V2 has one solid state preamp drive & one 'modern tube drive channel' (no boost)

Youtube

Comment

Working...
          X