Seymour Duncan A2P on Marshall Super Lead 1959

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seymour Duncan A2P on Marshall Super Lead 1959

Did a guitar cover of Slither by Velvet Revolver. I found the original backing tracking track without guitars, so I added them.

Lead track (panned right): Gibson LP, Seymour Duncan A2P, Marshall Super Lead 1959.
    Rhythm track (panned left): Gibson LP, 498T/490R, Marshall JCM 800 2203.

I'm happy with the result, both amps sound great. BTW, I was using Greenbacks and mic'ed with the classic SM57.

Here's the track (on SoundCloud):

Hope you like it!

Re: Seymour Duncan A2P on Marshall Super Lead 1959

Very good sounding guitar tracks - specially the one doing the riffage on the right!

...my humble two cents: the left guitar is crowding the center of the mix. I think the mix would sound better if you put the left guitar at the same distance from the center that the right one is.

Where's the dirt coming from, is there some kind of booster/OD pushing the Marshalls?
    Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think.

Comment

Originally posted by mamm View Post
      Very good sounding guitar tracks - specially the one doing the riffage on the right!

...my humble two cents: the left guitar is crowding the center of the mix. I think the mix would sound better if you put the left guitar at the same distance from the center that the right one is.

Where's the dirt coming from, is there some kind of booster/OD pushing the Marshalls?
      Hey thanks!

Yeah for the mix, the thing is the backing track just has guitar in the chorus and is center of the mix so I can do nothing about it, but you should see in the verse that one guitar is like 40-50% left and the other right (a bit louder).

The dirt is coming from just the amps but cranked
      Last edited by maxime1122; 06-19-2015, 02:15 PM.

Comment

You have a place where you can crank a 1959 and a 2203? Damn man, you are a lucky bastard...
        Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think.

Comment

Originally posted by mamm View Post
          You have a place where you can crank a 1959 and a 2203? Damn man, you are a lucky bastard...
          Yep! haha I know I'm lucky . The '59 was around 8 I think and the 2203 6-7 - their sweet spots I find! I prefer that to adding an OD!

Thanks !

Comment

Working...
          X