Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Prog Metal song, feedback please!

Hello again everyone!

This is a new prog metal song I just recorded. what you guys think?? (still have to record some solos but didnt have the time), also is not a instrumental song... but haven't been able to find a singer and a drummer yet hehehehe. If you guys know anybody please let me know!

What you guys think of the song? And the guitar tone? Also I know that the mix still no good at all, I don't know why I haven't been able to make it sound full, It sounds thin I don't know how to explain it, but still need a lot of work hehehe.

Re: New Prog Metal song, feedback please!

Honestly its all over the place. Felt like a few different songs. That being said, I did like it, and it surpasses all my skills!
    Rivera M100 1x12 Combo
    S101 Les Paul '59/Invader
    Ibanez Art300 w/ Blackouts
    EHX Metal Muff

Comment

It sounds thin because the snare is to far out front and it sounds unmastered.

The song, however, is pretty cool. I like the proggy chord changes and the transitions sounded pretty fluid (to my ears). Great work!
      -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Comment

Not too shabby...I agree some things feel a bit disjointed later on but I do like the interplay between the guitars and their arrangement.

Why does it sound thin? Well I'm only listening on headphones ATM but so far I notice:

-Drum samples sound thin, and snare is annoyingly out front
        -Try playing with the tone of those, compression EQ, etc
        -Bass is a little swallowed, play a bit more with getting it to play nicely with the drums
        -Guitars don't sound half bad actually, maybe run a LPF to get rid of a bit of the sharpness?
        -Playing is pretty solid, maybe experiment with the blended distorted tones?

Id rather hear a thinner clear track than a thick muddy one!
        TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

Truly excellent track; I really like how your stuff has evolved since your last entry.
          By the way, were you still interested in that idea we were talking about before?
          Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
          My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Also, this mix doesn't sound thin at all.
            Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
            My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

^^
              Though it will sound fuller once you mix in leads and vocals. Which means that you have left room for them to be mixed in, bravo!

Comment

Nice one. Good progression without being too long. As for the mix troubles you mentioned, I think changing the snare sample for something less dry or adding a bit more reverb (about 25-30+ predelay and hi-passed) is the way to go.
                The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Working...
                X