No announcement yet.

I don't always use the Organ Machine...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't always use the Organ Machine...

But when I do, its pretty epic.

Originally posted by Aceman
    It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Re: I don't always use the Organ Machine...

B!tchin'!

Comment

Awesome dude, reminds me of Tool.
      The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

That was stellar.
        Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
        My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Thanks fellas. I figured it'd be enjoyed by guitar nerds as theres only about 15 seconds where all three tracks (left guitar, right guitar, organ) play the same thing. haha

The Tool comment is interesting. They're one of those bands I've always respected but never particularly enjoyed. I can safely say I have zero Tool influence.

Forgot to mention, though its in the soundcloud tags, this is my Edwards FV-140M with an A2 59/Custom in the bridge and stock Phat Cat in the neck into the PODxt. In hindsight I perhaps should've used a bit lower gain setting as it gets a little murky with the organ on top of everything, but at the same time I like how it all blends as a cohesive something-or-other despite every track playing something different.
          Last edited by ex-250; 09-06-2015, 07:28 AM.
          It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

I thought that was outstanding. To me, everything seemed perfectly lined up and it wasn't murky to me. Now I have got to look into getting an organ machine. Worship services will never be the same again lol. How do you like the A2 in that custom hybrid? I have a C/H as well but it's got the A5 in it still. Still waiting out the '59 neck to install them though. Hopefully next week sometime.
            sigpic"Praise HIM with the Strings" Psalms 150:4

Comment

The A2 Hybrid is great. I bought a homebrew Hybrid from another member years back and I can't recall whether it had an A5 or A8 in it, but I found it a bit thin and fizzy despite other positive qualities. Sat in the parts drawer for a year and a half or two until I was looking for something to better pair with my stock (A2) Phat Cat in the neck of my V. I had a spare A2 magnet laying around (actually I have lots of them) so I thought it was worth a try. The original hybrid was A2 so I thought it worth a shot.

It pretty much solved all my previous issues with the hybrid, while still retaining the characteristics I enjoyed. It still has that crazy singlecoil-esque articulation, but with a bit fuller body and softer highs. The fizz is gone. It successfully bridges vintage and modern better with the A2, at least to me. Whatever was in there before was too aggressive.

Comment

Originally posted by ex-250 View Post
                The A2 Hybrid is great. I bought a homebrew Hybrid from another member years back and I can't recall whether it had an A5 or A8 in it, but I found it a bit thin and fizzy despite other positive qualities. Sat in the parts drawer for a year and a half or two until I was looking for something to better pair with my stock (A2) Phat Cat in the neck of my V. I had a spare A2 magnet laying around (actually I have lots of them) so I thought it was worth a try. The original hybrid was A2 so I thought it worth a shot.

It pretty much solved all my previous issues with the hybrid, while still retaining the characteristics I enjoyed. It still has that crazy singlecoil-esque articulation, but with a bit fuller body and softer highs. The fizz is gone. It successfully bridges vintage and modern better with the A2, at least to me. Whatever was in there before was too aggressive.
                Mine is a homebrew as well and specs out perfectly. You wouldn't be willing to sell one of those A2 would you.

Comment

Willing, sure. But a bit wary. A ways back I purchased 2 A2s and 2 A5s. All of the magnets I received were labeled A2, though each were in baggies labeled A2 and A5. So I'm not sure what I really have. Are the magnets labeled correctly and they're all A2? Are the baggies correct and they're 2 A2s and 2 A5s? Did I get all A5s and the labels are completely off? I have no idea, and I'm really not confident of any of them.
                  The A2 I used in the hybrid was stock in another pickup, so I know what it really is for certain. If you want to take a chance on one of the wonky labeled ones I'll send it for price of postage.

Comment

You have a point there. They really needs to be a better way of identifying different type magnets. A mark, label, scratch, something. I may wind up ordering one when the time comes. I want 2 of the A2s and possibly 2 A3 since I'm using the pup in an LP style guitar.

Comment

That was awesome.

Comment

Working...
                      X