Karaoke: AC/DC, Zeppelin, and Velvet Revolver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karaoke: AC/DC, Zeppelin, and Velvet Revolver

Hey yall, did some karaoke videos tonight, my weekly progress is going good! I figure a year more of training vocals and I will be ready for the band!!! Any constructive criticism is appreciated, cheers I need to get skype going...

Velvet Revolver:

zeppelin:

AC/DC:

Re: Karaoke: AC/DC, Zeppelin, and Velvet Revolver

Pretty cool...my major gripe? These are not 'how to' videos...please name accordingly!

Seems like your gainaing a little more control and thank god you found out how to pull down the reverb fader hahah keep it up!
    TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

thanks brutha!

I think that youtube does not want videos that are just covers of the original song, and I am posting these videos in my singing forum as well so people learn the techniques I use. so I am legit, thanks for your concern though heh reverb takes 5 seconds to turn down, I wish pitch would take 5 seconds and I wake up with more awesomeness!!! control is a good thing, it will prolly take me a year to get really really legit

Comment

Still have to disagree with the 'how to' part. didn't learn anything about technique from watching the videos...no explanation etc. Sorry, misleading titles like this are a pet peeve of mine and have wasted many hours.
        TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

lol its cool, apology accepted I know I cant win with everyone on lots of stuff, I may change all the names in the future. chances are I will record less and less covers and more and more originals as the years move forward, based on my past choices in music recordings

Comment

Listened to the Zep, some of the AC/DC, and none of Velvet.

As for the Zep song. Honesltly, it wasn't bad. Not all that "pitchy". You seemed to go up when you should have, and not when not supposed too. You do have a growly tone to your voice that I think is cool.

I will say, some if the lyrics sounded wrong.. Also, your from Texas? You have an almost British flavor to your voice.

Comment

Thanks Swampy!! Great stuff, glad you dug!!! Thanks much for the listen.

In a prior song I did I think I just did not turn up the song enough in my mix of my vocals and the song, so I was singing pitchy cause I could not hear the music, newbie error. Now I just pan my singing into one ear of my headphones and the recording into the other ear.

I am really exciting about the growly tone! I worked really hard to get there without hurting myself, I do not think I have the stamina and strength yet to do it for extended periods of time so I am gonna focus on vocal workouts mainly for the next year. I lived in Texas the last 8 years. before that I lived in North Dakota for 3 years, and California since birth. I have been to England but no one ever accused me of having an british flavor to my voice before, cool stuff!!

ROCK ON!!!

Comment

Working...
              X