Did some reamping today -- raw tracks inside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did some reamping today -- raw tracks inside

Reamped my highest gain sounds yet for the next As Follows album today.

Left guitar is Bogner Harlow > Bogner Uberschall pedal > EAST Studio 2 > Eminence Swamp Thang > SM57 > SSL channel strip

Right guitar is Bogner Harlow > Empress Heavy > EAST Studio 2 > Eminence Wizard > SM57 > SSL channel strip

Middle section guitar is > Bogner Harlow > Hartman Tommy Bolin Fuzz > Lil Dawg Champster > Weber Alnico > SM57 > SSL channel strip > Insert send from SSL > Roland Space Echo > separate input on 18i20

This song is long way from mixing -- still need vocals and final bass/synth tracks. So, this is just panned left/right and left faders at zero.

EDIT: forgot to mention that I was catching a nasty hum from somewhere in the system; it happens from time to time when I reamp. Anyway, I placed an Ebtech between the reamp and Harlow and it totally eliminated the hum!! Amazing product, really cannot recommend it enough. Every studio should have at least 2 channels of Ebtech at hand.
    Last edited by TwilightOdyssey; 09-20-2015, 06:42 AM.
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Re: Did some reamping today -- raw tracks inside

That intro, holy balls. Such a sinister build, I love it. I really enjoyed the whole thing, but that intro completes me.
    Originally posted by Aceman
    It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

Hehe, thanks.

The oud is one of my favourite acoustic instruments, and it was a lot of fun piling a mess of guitars/strings/choir on top of it!

Thanks for listening.

Comment

Honestly..I still have no idea what reamping even is haha..but that was epic man! The synth gave it a sort of "Kashmir-like" vibe in places. I thought for a sec it was a banjo there at the start but then noticed it was producing some pretty weird-sounding notes
        "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
        If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Reamping is a way to record amplifiers without having to record and play at the same time:
          You record a DI and then feed that DI into an amplifier and mic/record it separately.
          Typically you use a 'reamp' box to get the line level and impedence correct for guitar effects and amplifier.

Comment

wow sounds great! Phanta and the others hit it on the head, very Kashmir like! I dig the intro especially, the acoustic guitars sound great with the bells and very organic.

Comment

Thanks! Still needs tons of work, but a nice start ...

Comment

Dig! Dark and mysterious...

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Tasty! The oud and use funky modes really set a cool vibe.
                    Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
                    Reamping is a way to record amplifiers without having to record and play at the same time:
                    You record a DI and then feed that DI into an amplifier and mic/record it separately.
                    Typically you use a 'reamp' box to get the line level and impedence correct for guitar effects and amplifier.
                    As I get more into mixing, I'm becoming a bigger fan of reamping. It's nice to be able to dial in your amp sounds after the performance to get them to fit right in a mix. It's a lot easier for me using digital amps, though. Hats off to you for reamping it old school!
                    Originally posted by LesStrat
                    make sure that you own the gear, not vice versa.
                    My Music

Comment

Originally posted by aleclee View Post
                      Tasty! The oud and use funky modes really set a cool vibe.
                      Thanks; and thanks for listening.

As I get more into mixing, I'm becoming a bigger fan of reamping. It's nice to be able to dial in your amp sounds after the performance to get them to fit right in a mix.
                      Agreed.

It's a lot easier for me using digital amps, though.
                      Double agreed!

Hats off to you for reamping it old school!
                      I find it comical that people now call changing amp sims 'reamping'...

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
                        I find it comical that people now call changing amp sims 'reamping'...
                        At least in my case I'm going outside the DAW (though never translating back to analog) as I pipe the audio through my AxeFx via USB.

I'd probably call it "re-rendering" if I was doing everything in the box.
                        Originally posted by LesStrat
                        make sure that you own the gear, not vice versa.
                        My Music

Comment

Working...
                        X