An Oldie, But A Goodie Acousitc Song Of Mine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Oldie, But A Goodie Acousitc Song Of Mine

I hadn't forgotten about the song, but it's been awhile since I've listened to it. A friend of mine hit me up on Facebook today asking me about the sounds, and leads and stuff. Anyways, Enjoy!!

Re: An Oldie, But A Goodie Acousitc Song Of Mine

That was great, Jolly! Nice 12-string sound and I even kinda liked the little keyboard parts on the choruses. Fun tune!
    Originally posted by The Commodores?
    "Chicken Brown Chicken Brown Cow"

Comment

I don't remember any keyboards on there....lol.

Comment

There might be some chorus'd out clean electric parts that I kind of remember, but definitely no keyboards.

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
          I don't remember any keyboards on there....lol.
          There might be some chorus'd out clean electric parts that I kind of remember, but definitely no keyboards.
          Lol... now THAT'S funny! There's kind of a classical-sounding part on the chorus that complements the lyrics (almost "answering" them). I was trying to identify it and I was torn between calling it a keyboard or a heavily effected guitar... guess I guessed wrong!

Still a great listen, even if some of us are too dumb to know a guitar when we hear one! [emoji33]

[emoji450]Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk [emoji441]

Comment

I'll have to listen again and try and figure out what you're talking about.

Comment

You'll have t give me a minute mark or something. The only thing I can think of is the only electric guitar in the chorus. It jus does ding dong, ding dong, ding dong, over and over. That's just a chorused out electric guitar playing G and D over and over on the E and B strings
              Last edited by JOLLY; 09-20-2015, 05:50 PM.

Comment

You'll have t give me a minute mark or something. The only thing I can think of is the only electric guitar in the chorus. It jus does ding dong, ding dong, ding dong, over and over. That's just a chorused out electric guitar playing G and D over and over on the E and B strings
                I think we're talking about the same thing now... I hear it playing "G A B A B C B G-A-G" at 1:55 (I just realized that it's in 6/8 time... also very cool!)

...still sounds more like a keyboard than a guitar to me, LOL, you must've really chorused it out!

Comment

Originally posted by BriGuy1968 View Post
                  I think we're talking about the same thing now... I hear it playing "G A B A B C B G-A-G" at 1:55 (I just realized that it's in 6/8 time... also very cool!)

...still sounds more like a keyboard than a guitar to me, LOL, you must've really chorused it out!
                  LOL...Who knows. I may have it those notes. I's been a long time, and there's probably at least 8 different guitars (from my memory) in that song doing different things. I used to go crazy doing sh!t like that. I'd bounce all kinds of stuff,bongos, cymbals, triangles, and just hit one note here and there, and all kinds of nutty stuff to accomplish the sound I was after at that time..

Comment

Nice! I like the explosive take-off with the drums. Great vocals too.
                    Schecter C-1 elite(alt-5, Fullshred)
                    Fender Strat (Jb jr, ssl-2)
                    Mesa Boogie Rectoverb
                    Marshall 1960a
                    Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Comment

Originally posted by AmirH View Post
                      Nice! I like the explosive take-off with the drums. Great vocals too.
                      Well, thank you very much. I really appreciate that!! I hate my freakin voice...lol.

Comment

Well, thank you very much. I really appreciate that!! I hate my freakin voice...lol.
                        Hehe yeah I know that feeling. Even hearing my speaking voice echo on the phone kills me :P
                        Schecter C-1 elite(alt-5, Fullshred)
                        Fender Strat (Jb jr, ssl-2)
                        Mesa Boogie Rectoverb
                        Marshall 1960a
                        Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Comment

Working...
                        X