banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's ALIVE!! ...AMT Chameleon Cab CN-1 ~ Short Playthrough.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's ALIVE!! ...AMT Chameleon Cab CN-1 ~ Short Playthrough.

Thought it arrived DOA ..but that problem turned out to be a ****ty patch cable..

Turns out..it works GREAT

With my Goldea 15 Watt High gain Head (Preamp Output)

.WAV:

More clips with other amps..coming soon

Can't be happier with the way it sounds..very cool/convincing life-like simulation.
    "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Re: It's ALIVE!! ...AMT Chameleon Cab CN-1 ~ Short Playthrough.

Looking forward to checking this out.
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Wow! night and day difference compared to what I listened to yesterday. Kind of hilarious it was the patch cable.
      Schecter C-1 elite(alt-5, Fullshred)
      Fender Strat (Jb jr, ssl-2)
      Mesa Boogie Rectoverb
      Marshall 1960a
      Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Comment

Yeah..all I did was to go from this one:

Click image for larger version

Name:	BluePatch.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	150.6 KB
ID:	5788650

....to this one:

Click image for larger version

Name:	YellowPatch.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	160.9 KB
ID:	5788651

(lol...badly need to pick up some decent patch cables)

It's really sounding fantastic now... practically can't tell the difference between what I hear coming from the cab & the simulated recording. (I sort of set out to match the two by ear & I think I got really close). Can't wait to give it go with my other amps/pedals..
        Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 09-23-2015, 11:25 AM.

If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Well...here's another I just did....but this time it's with my AMT Stonehead (50 watt SS head). Pretty much the same process as the last one..some weird stuff..some techy thrash..some bluesy licks ..some shred/funky rock..etc.. used the same (round/warm-ish) amp settings for everything though (no Fx/pre/post production..single dry mono track)..I did, however screw up by setting my recorder levels a bit too high so it's clipping a bit right through..still sounds ok though..

My Chameleon Cab settings were again adjusted to try and copy the sound I heard out of my cab..& again, I think I got fairly close.

Youtube

Comment

Man, that's a really decent cab simulation!

Comment

Yeah..it's really awesome. I try & use the sound I hear from my cab as a reference & then fiddle around with the Chameleon Cab's controls & match the two by ear. It gets really..really close. Very convincing & organic sounding pedal & the controls are very sensitive..

I think my problems with recording are pretty much over now haha. Just super happy with the tones I get out of this thing Probably going to give the whole mic'ing thing a miss from now on. Or I might see how things go when my new Behringer mic preamp arrives..maybe try and combine the two signals or something & see how that works out.

Just got this up on youtube..

(same as the ^^ Soundcloud clip)

Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 09-27-2015, 12:14 AM.

Youtube

Comment

Cool. Recording direct can be very liberating in terms of convenience.

I spent a lot of time and money looking for ways to get my sound at family-friendly volumes and ended up turning to the digital side about six years ago. There are much better options today than back then but I've discovered other reasons to remain tubeless.
                Originally posted by LesStrat
                make sure that you own the gear, not vice versa.
                My Music

Comment

Originally posted by aleclee View Post

I spent a lot of time and money looking for ways to get my sound at family-friendly volumes and ended up turning to the digital side about six years ago. There are much better options today than back then but I've discovered other reasons to remain tubeless.
                  I am a deserter of the Home Volume War as well. My solution was a bit different: DI/amp sims for practice, writing and initial recording; valve amps for reamping (with iso cab) and gigging.
                  Digital is no longer clearly worse than valve amps, it's all a matter of personal choice (and marketing).

Comment

Originally posted by aleclee View Post

Yeah exactly..I do love my amps (tube/hybrid/ss) but cranking them up is'nt a thing I can do too often (wife/neighbours/life lol) & the whole recording process is way too over-complicated for my liking (type of mic/positioning/equipment/FX/levels/processing etc..).

I've had no better luck with computer recording either (..clueless haha) Pretty sure the tone I get straight out of this little pedal is the best I've ever got down on tape (..or hard disc lol). My next investment, if any ..will probably be to buy another Chameleon Cab for backup.

Also, next up ...more loop pedals jams that actually/hopefully have the sound I want ...& perhaps even a full song or two

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
                    I am a deserter of the Home Volume War as well. My solution was a bit different: DI/amp sims for practice, writing and initial recording; valve amps for reamping (with iso cab) and gigging.
                    ie... the way..way more tedious/expensive route Definitely gets you awesome results though

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
                    Digital is no longer clearly worse than valve amps, it's all a matter of personal choice (and marketing).
                    Very true...the AxeFx/Kemper's do sound good ...so do the Yamaha THR's ..even the new Zoom/Digitech stuff for that matter. Can't complain about my Randall or Stonehead for SS either..or those Quilters ..really like those.

Anyway, thanks for checking it out guys.
                    Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 09-27-2015, 11:51 PM.

Youtube

Comment

That's amazing what that little pedal can do.

Comment

Yeah..sounds just like the real thing. It's got the warmth, dynamics, clarity, sparkle..the works. My only other experience with speaker sims was a few years ago when I bought my Toneport bundled with Line 6's Gearbox software (ended up hardly ever using it) & those sounded fine to mess around with , but they were pretty plastic/digital sounding & would'nt fool anyone. Things have come a long way since then lol..

Youtube

Comment

Working...
                        X