banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ADA MP-1 into a Marshall 1987/2204 kinda power amp using a strat...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADA MP-1 into a Marshall 1987/2204 kinda power amp using a strat...

I've recorded this with my smart phone... (sounds weird... it's not that smart actually, but whatever!) The highs are a bit overpronounced, and there weren't that much highs when I was recording... But still may give some idea.

Here are the details:

- 2001 Stratocaster - with a tele lead pickup in the bridge (Ellis Broadcaster) and regular strat pickups in other positions (Fralin vintage hots %5 underwound);
    - ADA MP-1;
    - Roland GP-16 used in the loop of ADA MP-1 for delay;
    - Power amp: Red Baron - a Marshall 50W metal panel type amp switchable between 1987 channel and 2204 Slash #34 channel... The power section has EL34s and standard "Marshall" config...;
    - 2x12 open back cab with Mesa V30 and Jensen C12N speakers.

B
    FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Re: ADA MP-1 into a Marshall 1987/2204 kinda power amp using a strat...

That Tele pickup sounds great. Very "lynch" like vibe. I had a MP1 bitd, I never cared for it, but you have it sounding pretty good. Your playing helps!

That Red Baron sounds right up my alley-got a link?
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Thanks...

The amp is done by a buddy of mine, a local amp maker, with whom we selected the parts together and all. It has Hammond trannies, and two modes. The 1987 side is nothing but them old metal panels. The same voltage, EL34s, tone stack, negative feedback... It is just that the bright cap is switchable (I am talking about the one on the volume pot) and resonance together with presence is a part of the power section. Also the bright channel caps are switchable between the regular plexi tones (680 nF if I remember right), no cap (like JTM), and something around 330nF (which is good for the 2204 side). The 2204 #34 side is a slightly modified version of the stuff that we saw on metro forum. The amp turns into a 2204 with some twists you know.

I like it quite a bit.

It sounds very similar to my old 1987 built in 1974... I regret selling that amp. Its gainy channel is cool actually, I like it... Here is one rec over a backtrack:

With my 76 Gibson deluxe... no pedals... Its all the amp.

B
      Last edited by dr.barlo; 10-22-2015, 01:56 PM.

Comment

That sounds like my "Dream Amplifier"!!

I'll take a listen to the clip later when I have my good headphones (Wife is using them right now)
        I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Sounds great!!!
          Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
          My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Thanks.

B

Comment

Working...
            X