Copper Tape In Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copper Tape In Australia

I live in Sydney and just finished a project that involved copper shielding the control and pickup cavities.

If you are trying to find copper tape in Australia and are willing to make do with non-conductive adhesive, for $8 from Bunnings you can get a 4m roll of Snail Barrier tape.

Go into the store in the gardening section - they have it. If you call and ask on the phone you'll get some newb that will tell you they don't.

$8 and the guitar is sorted, no soldering required. Just snip the end of each piece and fold it under so it touches the previous piece. Set multimeter to beep for continuity and you'll be fine.

Last edited by rickardgreg; 11-12-2015, 01:59 AM.

Re: Copper Tape In Australia

The good news is that your guitar will be snail free for years to come!
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

I might put some soil in there, get some buds goin'. That's a joke, I don't smoke.

Comment

Originally posted by rickardgreg View Post
        I might put some soil in there, get some buds goin'. That's a joke, I don't smoke.
        thats a cool idea. And yeah i already knew about the slug tape. I cant handle tape it upsets me.

Comment

It's not new info, but I'll put it here for others. You have to shield your pickguard as well. The shielding on it will be earthed by it's contact with the pots. You have the overlapping bits like in the photo, so that the cavity shielding touches the pickguard shielding, thus joining the earth circuit. So you end up with an earthed copper box around your electronics.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X