Korg Pandora Stomp hiss / noise fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Korg Pandora Stomp hiss / noise fix

I had to send my old effects pedal in for repair.

So, I needed a sub and snagged a Korg PX-ST (Pandora Stomp pedal. Amazon Prime.) Here's what happened.

In my studio? Guitars, cords and Amps are extremely clean -- no noise / hiss.

Upon connecting the Stomp, (via power adapter or with battery) I got so much noise (hiss and hum) it was unusable.

But I noticed: It gave clean signal plugged into my Mac (USB as the power source) using headphones. Using the it with AC power? Headphone audio clean as well. Clean to the headphones with 9v battery sort of helped me imagine it had to do with the output.

So I broke down and read the instructions -- the issue was solved by doing two things:
    1.) Attenuating the Output gain -- defaults are set to a unitless max of 10. I reduced to 7.
    2.) Turning on the "Cabinet effects pass through" -- Leaving this off keeps cabinet effects in the audio loop for using with headphones.

Both of these are easily set from the Utility menu.

With the "Cabinet Through" set to "on" hiss and hum are gone.

A Note: For my purposes setting the Output gain to 7 -- was a close balance between the basic effects gain levels, and the gain in Bypass / un-muted mode. Sometimes, I just need to play the guitar native on the amp -- So this gives me 5 easily assessable settings. Four on the device and 1 in bypass mode.

Simple.

Just an FYI. In case someone searches this forum for the fix later. If this result is already posted, pardon me. I couldn't find it with search.
    David G
    "Lost & Found"
Working...
X