Wiring help hss strat autosplit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring help hss strat autosplit

I'm going to wire my strat Iike this https://www.seymourduncan.com/wp-con...w_1v_2t_as.jpg

I would like to bypass the tone completely for the humbucker if possible, because I only have 1 500k pot and that's going to be the master volume, and I read that 250k for tone pots for a humbucker can make it lose some of its tone and so I would like to just bypass the tone and have the tones be for the single coils only. How would I do this?

Re: Wiring help hss strat autosplit

If the picture isn't showing up this is it Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448574795.370308.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	5789308

Comment

confused on How would I do this?

that pic does everything you want.. unless you dont want the coil split.. just take the red/white wire and heatshrink them together , if thats the case

1 tone for each single and the hum isnt hooked up to ant tone

Comment

Ah ok thank you! Now to get to wiring her up finally lol

Comment

Actually, just to make sure does this setup work like hum, split hum+mid, mid, mid+neck, neck?

Comment

I saw the word tips I didn't know where else to post it lol, I'm asking for wiring "tips"

Comment

Originally posted by cwebb View Post
              Actually, just to make sure does this setup work like hum, split hum+mid, mid, mid+neck, neck?
              it looks that way.. i prefer to use a super switch though.. to me its just easier

Comment

That's my main problem is I wanted to get this done today without needing more parts, what is the super switch? I'm going to guitar center tomorrow, so I might get some parts

Comment

Originally posted by cwebb View Post
                  That's my main problem is I wanted to get this done today without needing more parts, what is the super switch? I'm going to guitar center tomorrow, so I might get some parts
                  a regular 5 way switch will work fine.. its just a preference with the 5way super

Comment

Working...
                  X