No announcement yet.

Suggestions for USB-powered interface?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Suggestions for USB-powered interface?

Went ahead and ordered the Lexicon Alpha, since it's the cheapest. It's a few years old, but hopefully still supported just in case it does need a Win 8.1 driver or whatnot.
    Hopefully I won't have to spend my way through a laundry list of units to find "the right one".

Thanks everyone for the input
    Originally posted by Brown Note
    I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
    My Blog

Comment

Cool. Let us know how it works out!
      Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
      My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by DrNewcenstein View Post
        Went ahead and ordered the Lexicon Alpha
        I wish I coud say something useful but I have zero experience with that unit. All I know that I loved their reverb processors from their entry MX range to the 960L monster that costs a quite decent car. I guess with their fame / hype they can't afford to release a bad audio interface so I'd assume it's rather on the good side of the force. I wish good luck with it mate.
        Last edited by NecroPolo; 02-09-2016, 09:18 PM.
        Wackor
        Ørdøg
        NecroPolo
        Diabolus in Musica
        SIDrip Alliance
        Book of Shadows
        RKH

Comment

That's part of what drove my decision: "It's Lexicon! Fuggeddaboutit!" Then again, like everyone else, I'm sure it's made in The People's Audio Interface Factory #3 alongside the Focusrite, Behringer, and other brands' products, so it could simply be a repackaged and licensed version of theirs, with the big sell being CubaseLE and the Lexicon Reverb plugin more than the hardware itself. I'm sure everyone who returned/exchanged the unit kept the software and the plugin.

No idea what those cost, though. Surely more than $50.
          I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
          My Blog

Comment

Ok, so it got here yesterday, and so far........I think the Windows 8.1 "update" included a little something from Adobe that makes non Creative Suite versions stop working entirely. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, fighting through the errors and installation halts, looking for answers on Adobe's forums, chasing rabbits down holes, uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them, and Audition still gives the "no device" error on startup, then shuts down.

CubaseLE reads it. BFD2 reads it. Magix MusicMaker reads it.

Gonna hook the MOTU up to my laptop and see if it reads that. If not, it's an Adobe failure.
            My Blog

Comment

Ah gotta love when that happens...
              TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

Uhhgg, bummer

Comment

Originally posted by DrNewcenstein View Post
                  Adobe failure.
                  I see the same word twice. Weird.
                  Nope...

Comment

is Adobe what became of Cool Edit? I used to love certain features and effects in cool edit.

Comment

Originally posted by DankStar View Post
                      is Adobe what became of Cool Edit? I used to love certain features and effects in cool edit.
                      yes
                      TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

Yup. Started on Cool Edit 96, then moved up to Pro, then was majorly bummed when Adooshy bought it, but since all my stuff was in the proprietary format (a heinous act, IMO), I had to stick with it. As well, it was the most-affordable program I could find that had the same features. Never got on with Cakewalk Home Studio 5.

At any rate, I finally got it sorted out. Had to install the drivers for my MOTU Audio Express, Repair the Audition installation, ensure the MOTU wasn't the default sound device for it, then hook up the Lexicon. So far it works fine, though I haven't loaded up a Session I had been working on prior to all this on my desktop. I bet that's gonna be a hoot, if it goes looking for the MOTU.

Also have to round up all my VST installers.

Did play around with the MIDI Guitar 2 demo a bit. Has trouble hearing the open low E unless I bash it, and the every-2-minute nagging is grating on my nerves.

Haven't fired up Cubase or the Pantheon reverb yet, like I said, still rounding up the VSTs for Audition. I'll work on it more later.
                        My Blog

Comment

Ok, so it appears Pantheon can only be installed in Cubase. It says Audition is not an authorized host. Sux.
                          My Blog

Comment

That does suck. Ah well, onward and upward!
                            Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                            My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Working...
                            X