Reaper for video? No! Or, yes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reaper for video? No! Or, yes.

Some time ago back in the early 4.something version I started torturing Reaper with small video projects. It was glitchy but functional. During the 5.0 release the video performance was seriously improved as a very basic (but functional) video processor was added.

I know that many of you use this DAW. If you are interested in my adventures with it, take a look:

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=142877
    Wackor
    Ørdøg
    NecroPolo
    Diabolus in Musica
    SIDrip Alliance
    Book of Shadows
    RKH

Re: Reaper for video? No! Or, yes.

That first vid?

That's what I need to do with Reaper; decent home recording, and Dragnet "just the facts ma'am" vid editing.

Unfortunately, I'm having some video playback issues ATM.
    None of my file formats are playing back in Windows Video Player, not even WMV. Had K-Lite Codec Pack installed, and I'd never had any issues before.
    Turns out it may be a graphics card driver thing. Factory card, company got bought out, and all the previous company's stuff has been deprecated.
    sigpic
    "Add about a half-a-teacup o' bass...."
    --'King' Curtis Ousley

Visit me on Facebook
    Originally posted by Lewguitar
    In our heart of hearts we're love. That's who we really are.

Comment

Re: Reaper for video? No! Or, yes.

I'll check it out. I did my last video in reaper, it worked pretty well I think. I had 4 videos in separate tracks and muted them and used a better audio track. During my editing, the video window didn't always show the video I needed to see, that was the only PITA. I wasn't sure what would happen during mix down if two videos were overlapping, would it pick one or superimpose both? I need to figure out how to do split screen stuff, that'd be a neat effect.

Comment

Working...
      X