banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First single from new project -- VIOLET SKIES (rock content)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First single from new project -- VIOLET SKIES (rock content)

Following up on my 'vocal session' thread, here's the finished mix from our labour the other day. Pretty bare bones mix -- 2 guitars, drums, bass, vocals, limited synths. Track is below with some screen caps from the session.

Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Re: First single from new project -- VIOLET SKIES (rock content)

The Drums are killing it for me.

Guitars sound nice, vocals as well (although a little dull on the high end imo) and how everything sits is nice... But the drums...Everything is just 127, I can almost bet they weren't programmed by a drummer
    TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

Thanks for listening!

Comment

Not a problem! And Hey, I liked the tune, it was cool.
        TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

Uh nice and soft....I like the old style vocal sound.
          Had some Fleetwood mac'ish mixed up with something else flavour( like they went to rock school instead )
          Cool sounds and such, great tune!

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

I like the singer's voice. The song kind of reminds me of blue oyster cult or even heart, but I like it! The claps before the transition-end section were a nice touch. I'd kind of like to hear it without the phaser or flanger you've got on the guitars -- good classic British sounding amp but it sounds like you eq'd out quite a lot of low-end as well, and a bit more girth in the sections where you are hitting higher strings would make the whole song a little "bigger" if that's even the desired end result. Good stuff nonetheless!
              Schecter C-1 elite(alt-5, Fullshred)
              Fender Strat (Jb jr, ssl-2)
              Mesa Boogie Rectoverb
              Marshall 1960a
              Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Comment

Thanks for listening!

Originally posted by AmirH View Post
                I like the singer's voice. The song kind of reminds me of blue oyster cult or even heart, but I like it! The claps before the transition-end section were a nice touch.
                Thanks; I knew the hand claps had to be there way back when. Nice bit of 'production' without going over the top.

I'd kind of like to hear it without the phaser or flanger you've got on the guitars
                I think that can be arranged. But the flanger stays ... it's an integral part of the overall sound. It's difficult with only one song released (we are tracking vocals for the second song next week, in fact) because everyone is hearing the song with the spy glass reversed, as it were -- it's hyper focused; with each song being released (the plan is to release one song per month for 4 months and then gig throughout the Summer), the view of the sonic choices made in this song will make more sense as the production panorama widens out ...

-- good classic British sounding amp but it sounds like you eq'd out quite a lot of low-end as well, and a bit more girth in the sections where you are hitting higher strings would make the whole song a little "bigger" if that's even the desired end result. Good stuff nonetheless!
                The low end is definitely being carried by the bass guitar on this song; I didn't cut much out from the LF, in fact -- just tightened it up. But it's an SM57 on there, and they don't have much down there that I like. If I had used a ribbon, it would have the opposite problem.
                Thanks again!

Comment

I see. Well in that case I look forward to hearing more. But please do pm me a version without the flange if it's not too much hassle. I really enjoyed this one overall. It's more accessible than some of your solo work, which tends to appeal to me for completely different reasons.
                  Schecter C-1 elite(alt-5, Fullshred)
                  Fender Strat (Jb jr, ssl-2)
                  Mesa Boogie Rectoverb
                  Marshall 1960a
                  Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Comment

I am an old school guy; the guitars were tracked with effects.
                    However, I need to print stems for a mic shootout and might as well use the opening of this song for it...

Comment

Cool tune! Cymbals seem a tad loud but perhaps for a reason you designed.

Comment

Thanks for checking it out!

Comment

wow thats great! I like the heavy part and the dynamics of the song. really fits the singing, cheers

Comment

Thanks!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X