banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tell Me What You Think About This Remix. I love The Bass.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tell Me What You Think About This Remix. I love The Bass.

The bass to me sounds moderately clean. Maybe a little grit, but to me, an overdriven bass tone is more in the realm of Lemmy and Geezer Butler, while there is the stereo chorus clean/distorted blend that Peter Steele had.

This reminds me more of Mike Starr, Duff McKagen, and Jason Newsted. The overall tones aren't all that similar, but the crisp clarity and precision in the tone is there. I liked it. I would use less compression on the track though - I can hear ever so slight distortion on the peaks of the cymbal hits. I'd also want the part where the rest of the instruments come in to jump out at the listener more - give it a bit of room for dynamics (loud is relative - for something to be loud, there has to be something quiet to compare it to). Maybe have the bass intro (just the intro, not the entire bass track) a little quieter - if you think fade ins are cool have it slowly fade in over all 8 measures in the intro - and then BAM everything comes in at the loudest the stereo track can be without clipping. That's what I'd do. Still good though.

Comment

A note on the drums: Most (if not all) drum samples are normalized, meaning they will easily clip with multiple hits going on, I always have to crank down the drum bus when doing demo's in order to have any room for the rest.
      TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

Cool song. It's hard to comment on tones, because I'm on crappy little monitors at work.
        Your lead work gets better and better with every song.
        Originally posted by Boogie Bill
        I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Working...
        X