heaviest tone i can create and still have good gain texture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heaviest tone i can create and still have good gain texture

being single ive realized things. either i step up being a musician or stop obsessing about it.
    this is one of my grandest attempts.
    took all my gear in conjunction. 4 weekends worth of red bull and focus.
    pushed my playing skills to another level.
    song is called gravitational threshold

my youtube channel
    www.youtube.com/surfacexmusic
    my Industrial music for sale here
    http://surfacex.bandcamp.com/
    my soundcloud page
    https://soundcloud.com/surfacex
    my new soundcloud just for the gear demos i do
    https://soundcloud.com/surfacex-geardemos

Re: heaviest tone i can create and still have good gain texture

I like it. Very dark and moody. I like the tone, often people end up with some "clank" with that sound but you got it right. Bright, metallic and clear. What's your signal chain?
    The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

its cool yeah.
      it'd make a great soundtrack for a first person shooter.
      Last edited by Chickenwings; 04-20-2016, 09:40 PM.
      "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
      Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

i liked it.. but 1 thing.. something is wrong with your guitar. it has too many strings.. LOL

in all seriousness,. you played those extra strings well

Comment

very cool! it reminds me of Fear Factory

Comment

thanks guys yea
            I seem to always write parts like its a soundtrack for some reason.
            I don't possess typical song writing abilities, it escapes me.
            my youtube channel
            my soundcloud page

Comment

Originally posted by surface54 View Post
              thanks guys yea
              That's a good thing, that gives you a musical identity of sorts.
              The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Comment

Or a career! hahah

sounds great btw.
                TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

Easily my favorite thing you've posted. You always have great production value on your clips but I think this is the first time it felt like a fully developed song. I really like the amount of movement and how seamless it is. I think if it had a more conventional song structure I would have lost interest but tt held my attention from start to finish and I bookmarked it to listen more, which is saying something since I basically don't listen to metal anymore.
                  Schecter C-1 elite(alt-5, Fullshred)
                  Fender Strat (Jb jr, ssl-2)
                  Mesa Boogie Rectoverb
                  Marshall 1960a
                  Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Comment

Originally posted by AmirH View Post
                    Easily my favorite thing you've posted. You always have great production value on your clips but I think this is the first time it felt like a fully developed song. I really like the amount of movement and how seamless it is. I think if it had a more conventional song structure I would have lost interest but tt held my attention from start to finish and I bookmarked it to listen more, which is saying something since I basically don't listen to metal anymore.
                    this statement is very important to me. i admitted to myself that I've been lazy in my delivery for a long time.
                    this song was the "get it right and complete it" mentality.

thank you for the detailed insight sir
                    my youtube channel
                    my soundcloud page

Comment

thanks guys yea
                      The second time I ever heard Fear Factory was in the Carmageddon soundtrack. (Instrumental versions of Demanufacture, Zero Signal, and Body Hammer.)

(The first time was very brief, my friend had borrowed Soul of A New Machine and only heard one or two songs off of it on a short car ride and didn't think to ask who it was. )

Director of Arizona Young Voters Initiative

https://www.azyoungvoters.org

Twitter:
                      @ArizonaVoters

Comment

Originally posted by dominus View Post
                        The second time I ever heard Fear Factory was in the Carmageddon soundtrack. (Instrumental versions of Demanufacture, Zero Signal, and Body Hammer.)

(The first time was very brief, my friend had borrowed Soul of A New Machine and only heard one or two songs off of it on a short car ride and didn't think to ask who it was. )
                        No way! Same thing here. Did you find yourself roaring along to it like Barney Greenway?

Comment

Originally posted by Beer$ View Post
                          No way! Same thing here. Did you find yourself roaring along to it like Barney Greenway?
                          What eventually happened was I took those three songs and put them on a mixed CD and was driving around with that same friend (years later, obviously) and he pointed out who they were. I just thought they were these badass soundtrack songs.

Director of Arizona Young Voters Initiative

https://www.azyoungvoters.org

Twitter:
                          @ArizonaVoters

Comment

Originally posted by dominus View Post
                            What eventually happened was I took those three songs and put them on a mixed CD and was driving around with that same friend (years later, obviously) and he pointed out who they were. I just thought they were these badass soundtrack songs.
                            Good stuff either way! Now, before all the metal fuss-budgets leap to correct me, I know who Burton C. Bell is, it's just obvious to me that he was inspired by Barney Greenway from Napalm Death, maybe Justin Broadrick as well.

Comment

this statement is very important to me. i admitted to myself that I've been lazy in my delivery for a long time.
                              this song was the "get it right and complete it" mentality.

thank you for the detailed insight sir
                              No problem. I have had similar conversations with myself recently, about juggling too many things and time, because my output has been so sporadic and it often feels like I'm throwing things together in a hurry. You've been posting here for a while, so for whatever my vote of confidence is worth, I used to think you'd be next after bulb to "go viral" in the online metal world. I don't know whether that time has passed, but make 7 more songs of that quality and I'll buy your album for sure.
                              Schecter C-1 elite(alt-5, Fullshred)
                              Fender Strat (Jb jr, ssl-2)
                              Mesa Boogie Rectoverb
                              Marshall 1960a
                              Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Comment

Working...
                              X