banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Judas Priest - The Sentinel (Nazgul in a KM7)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judas Priest - The Sentinel (Nazgul in a KM7)

Hi, friends!

Iīve just uploaded a new cover in my Youtube channel: Judas Priestīs The Sentinel, featuring Siegfried Song (Symmetric Chaos) at vocals and Alonso Pérez (Rugido) at lead guitar.

I played guitar and bass, programmed drums and mixed, mastered and edited the whole audio/video.

For guitars I used a KM7 with Seymour Duncan Nazgul and Sentient (though I only used the Nazgul on it).

I hope you like it, share it, and contact me for my recording, mixing, video services.

Regards!

Last edited by Jotun Studio; 04-27-2016, 01:10 AM.

Re: Judas Priest - The Sentinel (Nazgul in a KM7)

Kick ass playing, and that dudes vocals....WOW!

Subbed to you channel.

Comment

Originally posted by Swampy View Post
      Kick ass playing, and that dudes vocals....WOW!

Subbed to you channel.
      Thanks, man! Glad you liked my playing and Alonsoīs and yeah, Siegīs vocals are out of this world. This guy deserves a lot more attention, man.

Weīll be making more covers soon, so stay tuned, and thanks for the sub!

Comment

Nice modern twist on a classic. Took me back to 1984. Good job that!

Comment

This was actually great. Big Priest fan, your vocalist was fantastic.

Guitar playing was great, no doubt.

My Only criticism is that it felt a little stiff/ stale, just lacked some attitude. But no doubt did Priest great justice.
          TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by SlyFoxx View Post
            Nice modern twist on a classic. Took me back to 1984. Good job that!
            Thanks a lot, man! We tried to achieve that, keeping the classic vibe but with a modern twist. Glad you liked it!

Originally posted by Kamanda~SD View Post
            This was actually great. Big Priest fan, your vocalist was fantastic.

Guitar playing was great, no doubt.

My Only criticism is that it felt a little stiff/ stale, just lacked some attitude. But no doubt did Priest great justice.
            Thank you so much! Glad you liked it, and yeah, Siegfried is awesome. Iīm delighted to be able to work with him. Glad you liked the way I and Alonso played.

I guess that Iīm not a stage guy, hahaha. In fact Iīm the one shooting video during my takes, and have to control camera, audio and playing, so Iīm a bit stiff And we recorded video in a 9 m2 room, so there is no room for movement, literally

Comment

That was a great rendition of a great song!
              Loved the automation on the vox during the choruses.
              Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
              My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
                That was a great rendition of a great song!
                Loved the automation on the vox during the choruses.
                Thanks a lot, man! Itīs a great song, yes, and we tried to stay close to it, tough we tried to sound a bit more modern.

Glad you catched those details! I spent a lot of time mixing, editing, programming drums and stuff that usually is "unheard" What did you notice and what did you like the most production-wise?

Comment

I was more referring to the playing sounding stiff, not the movement. However, that does make it more modern sounding. Not meant to be a jab at all, rarely do I listen all the way through covers and I certainly did with this.

The video and audio production were both great as well imo.
                  TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by Kamanda~SD View Post
                    I was more referring to the playing sounding stiff, not the movement. However, that does make it more modern sounding. Not meant to be a jab at all, rarely do I listen all the way through covers and I certainly did with this.

The video and audio production were both great as well imo.
                    Oh, I see. Sorry for the misunderstood. Well, I like it to sound tight, though is not edited at all, itīs how we played.

Iīm very glad you made it til the end of our cover, I appreciate that a lot. And thank you so much for your words about my audio/video production!

Comment

wow very pro! I will not contact you for your video/audio editing services though

Comment

That kicked much @$$. I don't know if I'm a fan of the tone or not - but that was a fantastic job! (Too stuck in the original on my part!)
                        Originally posted by Bad City
                        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I'm a fan of all of it. I think precise is a better word than stiff, but each person hears it a bit differently. It sounded great and I did like the tone. More modern yes, but it fit the whole theme and I dug it. The vocalist is out of this world. It makes me feel better knowing there are still vocalists that can pull of the 80's screams and vibe.

I made it all the way through as well. Looking forward to more covers.
                          Play more guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                            That kicked much @$$. I don't know if I'm a fan of the tone or not - but that was a fantastic job! (Too stuck in the original on my part!)
                            +1
                            And I am very much a fan of the tone. Now I'm G.A.S.ing for a Nazgul.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank you all for your views and comments!

Originally posted by everdrone View Post
                              wow very pro! I will not contact you for your video/audio editing services though
                              Glad you liked the audio/video production. Sorry to read that

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                              Well, if youīre not decided about it itīs that you like it a bit I know that tones are very subjective matter, and I really didnīt dig a lot into it (just used a Dual Rectifier sim of the AXE FX II and began working on the cover). Anyway, Iīm very glad you liked how it turned out. Thanks!

Originally posted by Leon Of Late View Post
                              I'm a fan of all of it. I think precise is a better word than stiff, but each person hears it a bit differently. It sounded great and I did like the tone. More modern yes, but it fit the whole theme and I dug it. The vocalist is out of this world. It makes me feel better knowing there are still vocalists that can pull of the 80's screams and vibe.

I made it all the way through as well. Looking forward to more covers.
                              Thank you so much, Leon! Mmm, I like precise more than stiff, haha. I tried to make it sound tight and not too sloppy. Glad you liked the tone. As I said I used a Dual Rectifier sim, so I donīt think itīs what make it sound more modern, but the Nazgul itself. I also think it fits the vibe of the song and cover.

Sieg is a killer singer, man. The thing I like a lot about him is not just the power he sings with, but how nice his voice sounds. We are planning more covers, so stay tuned

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                              +1
                              And I am very much a fan of the tone. Now I'm G.A.S.ing for a Nazgul.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
                              Glad to hear that, man. I think this pickup sounds great, very articulate and tight. Though it was a frequency response that needs to be eqd a bit, but thatīs no problem at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X