great customer service: SAMSON

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• great customer service: SAMSON

I've owned A Samson MTR201 condenser mic for a couple of years and have always been satisfied with the performance.

A while ago I was putting it away and could hear something loose inside the capsule. I unscrewed the removable base and when I turned it right-side up the 103j100 capacitor fell to the floor.

The mic still "worked," but not knowing the function of this cap I was concerned. I contacted Samson, acknowledged that it was out of warranty and asked how much it would be to fix it. This is not an expensive mic by any means, so if the repair cost was too high I would not have bothered. There was also a problem with the shock mount: the thumb screw for tilting the mic would no longer tighten.

Samson emailed me and asked that I send the mic back and said they'd "take care of it." I hadn't even mentioned the shock mount, but included that in the box along with a note.

This week I received a box from them with a shipping invoice listing the parts I'd sent along with work order numbers for repair.

At the bottom it said "SHIP NEW UNIT."

They sent a brand new mic and mount: the same retail kit I bought.

I thought this was great customer service.
    Last edited by dg27; 05-05-2016, 05:33 PM.
    '69 Fender Mustang bass
    '69 Gibson EB-1
    '76 Rickenbacker 4001 w/SD for Rick N & B
    '76 Fender Precision w/Dimarzio Model P
    '84 MIJ Fender Jazz Bass Special w/SD Hot for P neck & Dimarzio Model J for bridge [BEAD tuning]
    '99 Fretless MIJ Fender Precision/'87 MIJ Fender Squier Jazz hybrid w/SD QP for Jazz
    '12 MIM Fender Jazz w/Dimarzio Model J
    '14 Fretless Warmoth Custom T w/ SDCS Stack for SCPB N & B

Re: great customer service: SAMSON

Niiiice!!
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Note to Behringer, Focusrite, all the rest: This is how it's done. Treat each customer as if they were your first.
      sigpic
      "Add about a half-a-teacup o' bass...."
      --'King' Curtis Ousley

Visit me on Facebook
      Originally posted by Lewguitar
      In our heart of hearts we're love. That's who we really are.

Comment

It was definitely a smart move on their part. I want to get a couple of room mics to use with my Zoom H6. Guess what: I'm looking at Samsons.
        '69 Fender Mustang bass
        '69 Gibson EB-1
        '76 Rickenbacker 4001 w/SD for Rick N & B
        '76 Fender Precision w/Dimarzio Model P
        '84 MIJ Fender Jazz Bass Special w/SD Hot for P neck & Dimarzio Model J for bridge [BEAD tuning]
        '99 Fretless MIJ Fender Precision/'87 MIJ Fender Squier Jazz hybrid w/SD QP for Jazz
        '12 MIM Fender Jazz w/Dimarzio Model J
        '14 Fretless Warmoth Custom T w/ SDCS Stack for SCPB N & B

Comment

Working...
        X