banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Live play through videos (Arturia Beatstep Pro, TC Ditto, etc)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live play through videos (Arturia Beatstep Pro, TC Ditto, etc)

Shot this play through video this morning, This is the first time I have ever tried playing live with a looper and step sequencer at the same time; was a little nerve wracking! Because the Beatstep Pro can only hold chains of up to 16 sequences, I need to have a way to bridge multiple chains live. I thought it would be fun to use a looper as a filler whilst I reprogrammed the Beatstep. This video is 100% live and the first time I attempted to play through the song front to back.

I have 3 songs left to program into the Beatstep and then I can start rehearsing the entire set live.
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Re: Live play through videos (Arturia Beatstep Pro, TC Ditto, etc)

Ah cool....what swirly thing are you using there?
    Love that sound of the strat.

Comment

Thanks! There are two modulation pedals there. One is a very subtle detuning from the strymon DECO. For the interlude I added an MXR phase 90. With the volume rolled back it has a very Univibe type of sound, I think. The Uberschall is very amplike and stacking it with the SHO really kicks the Bumbox in the nads.

Comment

My other play through videos thus far:

Comment

Damn... 6, 3 & 3 minutes? ..and you point fingers at me for my my 5 min jam...wtf happened to your 20 min epics?

haha..j/k man. I love them...you look like your enjoying yourself & those are all great sounding songs...all they need are a 5 min or so solo in the middle! Don't hold back

Great tones all around ..Strat sounds awesome and I love that growly tele bridge tone

No idea about the technical aspects (as always lol) but I'm glad you're enjoying the new looper. They can be super addictive! Especially the no-frills plug 'n play ones...

No idea what a beatstep pro is (drum machine I guess?) but that's a killer sounding live setup..rock on!
          "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
          If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Thanks! Beatstep Pro is a step sequencer. I use it to fill in the rest of the 'band'. These songs are for my melodic rock project, FM RADIO. AS FOLLOWS is still very much alive and well and producing 20 minute songs.

Comment

Working...
            X