banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tribute to Crimson Glory ..loop pedal solo w/ my new Charvel..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tribute to Crimson Glory ..loop pedal solo w/ my new Charvel..

Well..I downed few beers Saturday night, had a few friends over & we jammed a whole lot of 80's metal favourites loud on the stereo...mostly lots of Crimson Glory (S/t & Transcendence back to back \m/) ..and it struck me for the millionth time how awesome those albums still sound 30+ years later. Anyway, last night I jammed this solo as a tribute to a great..but criminally underrated & forgotten band. I'm not LLL so not trying to cop any CG riffs or tones haha, but it's vaguely in the style of CG/Jon Drenning mixed in with my own style & revved up a bit..

I'm using my new Charvel Trad Pro series..AMT Stonehead w/ a tiny bit of delay & reverb in the loop/CN-1 Cab Sim pedal & trusty digital handheld recorder
    "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Re: Tribute to Crimson Glory ..loop pedal solo w/ my new Charvel..

One of my favorite progressive metal bands ever! Will check this out later.
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Cool! Yeah, I think I do remember you mentioning that before..

I should have pulled out my Mooer Pitch pedal for some harmonized stuff (big part of their sound!) ...but that thing makes every guitar sound exactly the same (pretty much defeats the point of a NGD/guitar tone demo )

If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Fingers crossed, getting to this tonight.

Comment

..no problem..there's no queue

Youtube

Comment

Cool!

Comment

Comment

haha..I was all over that show when they posted it. He's good (the singer) ..wish he'd stuck on and they'd finally got their act together/done something new..

Youtube

Comment

I think you have inspired me to do my own Crimson Glory inspired track ...

Comment

Haha...sounds like a good idea ...teh more the merrier

Youtube

Comment

Ha! Well, they've done a couple of Poe-inspired tracks. Maybe I'll do Hop-Frog or The Cask Of Amontillado ...

Comment

Michael Romeo beat you to that last one..

haha...kinda off topic ...but I got my 'fret crowning tool' from china yesterday & worked on the frets I'd leveled on this guitar last night. Worked like a charm ..though as someone said (metalmaniac I think) ..it took a whole lot of elbow grease and my fingertips are feeling kinda pulpy today

Still ..they look killer...I used a bit of polishing compound on them after I was done and that got rid of most of the fine scratches...nice and shiny - ready to ****ing rock (though I'm not...at least for while till my fingers start showing some signs of life again )

Youtube

Comment

lol nice. I don't do repairs, was never into it. Would rather have someone else do it...
                          Looks like Hop-Frog it is. It's a better story, anyway; C of A has a bit of a retread feel.

Comment

Why the revenge theme? haha...just asking 'cause I have a deep fondness for those myself

As for the thing about the repairs...sorry that was just a general update kinda thing pertaining to the thread/guitar, so not directed at you haha...

Personally, there's not much I like better than messing around with guitars myself though...

Youtube

Comment

Working...
                            X