Gotta Whole Lotta Orange Juice...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotta Whole Lotta Orange Juice...

Finally got around to making a clip since re-acquiring an Orange OR 15. Typical JeffB noodling junk with my own warped arrangments....Schenker, Lifeson, Page, Ronson, etc. room mic Zoom Q3.

Les Paul- Whole Lotta Humbuckers w/ 50s wiring. Celestion G12m25/G12M20 (NO H mags). Just amp gain and pickup guitar control manipulation. I tried to get a fair amount of sounds dry and effected, clean, crunch and full blast. Sorry about pulling the low E out of tune towards the end...new set of strings still settling,.

Figured this would make a good contrast to the Marshall clip I did awhile back.
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Re: Gotta Whole Lotta Orange Juice...

Sorry, wrong forum...
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Dang. You're making this amp really hard to resist.

Comment

Sweet! Good licks, good tone. The thing that jumped out at me most was the dynamic range. I'm surprised Soundcloud can even handle that.

P.S. At 1:25, I thought you were going to bust out in YES' Roundabout.

Comment

Mods, move if need be.

The amp is super dynamic and responsive. Its a fun to play amp. During the "width of a circle" part I am just changing how hard I am strumming/picking to clean it up and gradually get dirtier. The guitar volume is full blast the whole time.

I recorded the clip on the "highest quality" audio setting of the zoom. Its not on the lower quality mp3 setting.

Comment

Its not letting me see the link...
            sigpic"Praise HIM with the Strings" Psalms 150:4

Comment

Direct link

70s heavy rock. Orange OR15. Gibson Les Paul Trad. Duncan Whole Lotta Humbuckers w/50s wiring. Celestion G12m25 and G12m20 in EVH 2x12. MXR Micro Chorus. Heptode Virtuoso (maestrophase clone). TC Fla

Comment

How well do you think this amp would handle NWOBHM music?

Comment

Originally posted by Lampy H View Post
                  I've played the amp a bit with a Carvin 2x12 loaded with V30s - it was in an isolated room in a guitar store so I could crank it, and I was using a SG with P90s. I'd say it would do NWOBHM fairly well. It isn't too versatile - its pretty bare bones - but it was meant to rock. It doesn't have a lot of low end (not enough headroom for that) - it's a bit restricted, but that's fine and it keeps it tight. Kind of like the tone on Mercyful Fate's Don't Break The Oath. Completely different setup, but the kind of bright, thick midrange with a tight/subdued low end is there.

Comment

Originally posted by Lampy H View Post
                    Tygers...Diamondhead..Early Maiden...with the right speakers and.pickups? sure. it wont thump like a big bottle amp, but for small gigs, or mic'ed, sure.

I wouldnt.consider V30s by themselves to be a good.choice at all. Too much presence on top, and the low end just isn't there. mixed with a H30 type.or T-75s, or 12-80s etc would be the way to.go. With a pair.of H30s it's totally Screaming for Vengeance/Defenders of the Faith territory.

Comment

That sounds perfect then.

Comment

Man, that sounds very authentic my my ears. Chuck an EMT plate on there, or early digital 'verb, and a big opto compressor and call it a day.
                        Most enjoyable.
                        Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                        My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Thanks Ben.

it's a fantastic little amp. took me awhile to really appreciate it. wish my playing did it justice!

Comment

It does.
                            Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                            My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

I agree with Twilight, your playing certainly does it justice.
                              I love my OR-15, but yours sounds better. 8)

Comment

Working...
                              X