Guessing Game: Fender Surf Guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guessing Game: Fender Surf Guitars

Did a little shoot-out... Can you guess the order? <-(Link)

The contenders:

-Classic Player Jazzmaster (SD JM-2s)
    -Strat Copy (Rose Mariposa pickups)
    -'66 Mustang (Rose Custom pickups)
    -Mexican Telecaster (w/ stock Alnicos)
    -Japanese Jaguar (SD SJAG-1s)

...And for fun:
    -I threw in an American Select Strat w/ a Screamin' Demon

All bridge pickups wide open into Garageband Fender Bassman (no effects,) same settings for each, but volume levels equalized (or an attempt made to do so.) I have a favorite and a couple others that surprised me on hearing them side by side; don't feel pressured to greatly prefer one or another, I think they all sound decent.
    Originally posted by King Buzzo
    I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

Re: Guessing Game: Fender Surf Guitars

thats a lot of work for your typical stunk and droned ADD forumite.

I'll wait for the Cliff Notes.
    "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Ah fine. Highlight/copy, if you must cheat:

Mustang
      Telecaster
      Strat (SSS)
      Jaguar
      Jazzmaster
      Strat (Screamin Demon)
      I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

Comment

You should probably put less pieces on a same clip (like 3 +3). I tried it, but got lost where one piece started and other ended, found about 7-8 different tones there...
        Didn't bother to start over, as I already did it twice trying to figure out what the first one was.

I did picked out the Tele, Jaguar, and Screaming Demon at least.
        "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
        Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Thanks for the feedback; it was a really off-hand thing, I was recording a cover of the song with each guitar to decide which came across best, and figured it might be interesting to line each of them up. I tend to feel a lot of the differences are mitigated by GarageBand anyway.

Comment

Working...
          X