banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First test run of my updated pedalboard at a gig.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: First test run of my updated pedalboard at a gig.

Originally posted by GuitarFanatic View Post
    No, because bass players are actually the learners in the band. still though, it was fun.
    Actually, they're usually what make the band. They are the foundation.

Comment

Originally posted by skyydogg01 View Post
      And wait, did you bring a full band to an open mic night? That is frowned upon in these parts.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
      Not around here.

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk
      Gear
      Organs: 1972-73 Conn 632 "Serenade" analog theater organ, 1967 Hammond H-111 (not sounding but working), '72 Hammond T-524 + my '71 Hammond L-112 across the country.
      Synths: Roland D-20, Kawai K11, Yamaha QS300
      Leslie Cabinets: 1975 Leslie 825 and 1974 Leslie 705.
      Guitars: Monterey Stage Series bitsa, 1991 Charvel CX-291 bitsa, 70s Hondo acoustic and a ton of parts.
      Pedalboard: Home made DJ case thing conversion with a lot of budget pedals on it.
      Amps: Fender Sidekick Reverb 35

Comment

No, because bass players are actually the learners in the band. still though, it was fun.
        How do you mean? If you mean it the way it comes across, I can't think of a statement about music less true than that.
        The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

From here it looks like the drummer and the bass player are forming an alliance.

Nothing beats the humble musician.

Comment

This comment is really bothering me. Are you saying that you are a better musician because you play guitar rather than bass?

If that's the case, you need to apologize to our bass playing brethren.

Some of the best musicians I know play bass as their regular gig. Those same musicians were drummers and guitarists first.

-Greg

Guitars:
            2016 Ibanez RG6003FM (JB/'59nJ)
            2018 G&L Tribute Legacy (Hot Rails/stock/stock)
            2019 Squier Affinity Telecaster HH (Esquire'd w/ JB)
            Applause/Ovation AE28 Acoustic/Electric

Comment

This comment is really bothering me. Are you saying that you are a better musician because you play guitar rather than bass?

If that's the case, you need to apologize to our bass playing brethren.

Some of the best musicians I know play bass as their regular gig. Those same musicians were drummers and guitarists first.

My first semester as a music student, I was playing bass for a jazz combo (guitar, bass, drums, piano) and my teach looked at me and told me that in any group, the bassist is the most important member. They keep time, they push chord changes, and they hold it all together. So learn your parts perfectly. If you mess up, to the audience, it'll sound like the rest of the band did, not you.
              Schecter ATX Blackjack C7 BKP Painkiller (B) and Abraxas (N)
              Hagstrom Hj800 Jazzbox stock pickups
              Fender Jazz Bass EMG MJ Set
              Music Man SUB Ray5 stock pickups
              Line 6 Helix
              Dunlop Strings and Picks

The opinions expressed above are my own and do not reflect normal levels of sanity.

Comment

Article was published in Guitar World Magazine

-Greg

Guitars:
                2016 Ibanez RG6003FM (JB/'59nJ)
                2018 G&L Tribute Legacy (Hot Rails/stock/stock)
                2019 Squier Affinity Telecaster HH (Esquire'd w/ JB)
                Applause/Ovation AE28 Acoustic/Electric

Comment

don't bother posting videos like this with pointless footage at the beginning.... people will just see this and will close out and not bother waiting for the actual music. Also, once you're done checking everything you need to check, you shuld stop playing and let other people do the same. Playing for the sake of playing duringa sound check like you all did sounds like a mess at guitar center. if you want to shout at the band like you did and don't care, go for it... just know that you never know when someone important, in opening up a door for other opportunities, may be in the room. If you're into music for screwing around cool, or if you have bigger goals, act professional in every setting.

Comment

Article was published in Guitar World Magazine

I had heard this before. This is also something we talked about in my mixing and mastering classes. It's also why jazz is so frustrating (and fun) to me as a guitarist, a bassist, a songwriter, and an audio engineer. When I play in combo, not only am I keeping the rhythmic propulsion of the song, I also have to keep the chord changes precise, and the time (because you can never trust a drummer on that lol).

Nathan, next time you play it live, let the bassist groove. It may even sound better.
                    Schecter ATX Blackjack C7 BKP Painkiller (B) and Abraxas (N)
                    Hagstrom Hj800 Jazzbox stock pickups
                    Fender Jazz Bass EMG MJ Set
                    Music Man SUB Ray5 stock pickups
                    Line 6 Helix
                    Dunlop Strings and Picks

The opinions expressed above are my own and do not reflect normal levels of sanity.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny the Kid View Post
                      I had heard this before. This is also something we talked about in my mixing and mastering classes. It's also why jazz is so frustrating (and fun) to me as a guitarist, a bassist, a songwriter, and an audio engineer. When I play in combo, not only am I keeping the rhythmic propulsion of the song, I also have to keep the chord changes precise, and the time (because you can never trust a drummer on that lol).

Nathan, next time you play it live, let the bassist groove. It may even sound better.
                      I prefer the loose feel of live stuff.
                      Gear
                      Organs: 1972-73 Conn 632 "Serenade" analog theater organ, 1967 Hammond H-111 (not sounding but working), '72 Hammond T-524 + my '71 Hammond L-112 across the country.
                      Guitars: Monterey Stage Series bitsa, 1991 Charvel CX-291 bitsa, 70s Hondo acoustic and a ton of parts.
                      Pedalboard: Home made DJ case thing conversion with a lot of budget pedals on it.

Comment

I prefer to rationalize evading constructive criticism.
                        I don't get you dude. When nobody comments on your stuff, you follow it up with "really, no comments?" I'm not surprised people have given up trying to get through to you. This is the last time I'm going to comment or even look at your stuff because you can't just be gracious and even pretend to say "I'll keep that in mind, thanks" it's always "nah it's supposed to be like that. I prefer it being sub-par" Yeah right. Have fun not listening to people who know what they're talking about and not improving. Please learn how to edit. You have over 7 minutes of absolutely useless footage at the start there.
                        The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Beer$ View Post
                          I don't get you dude. When nobody comments on your stuff, you follow it up with "really, no comments?" I'm not surprised people have given up trying to get through to you. This is the last time I'm going to comment or even look at your stuff because you can't just be gracious and even pretend to say "I'll keep that in mind, thanks" it's always "nah it's supposed to be like that. I prefer it being sub-par" Yeah right. Have fun not listening to people who know what they're talking about and not improving. Please learn how to edit. You have over 7 minutes of absolutely useless footage at the start there.
                          As before, I prefer to keep in the chatter.

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk
                          Gear

Comment

I prefer the loose feel of live stuff.
                            Listeners don't.

Comment

sigpic

- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=804435 -
                              - https://soundcloud.com/mr-ds-bigband/tracks -

Warning: May contain traces of NUTS

Comment

You've been watching too much Glenn Fricker.

Originally posted by Johnny the Kid View Post
                                If the Australian music scene is anything like the American one, good bass players are hard to come by. You need him way more than he needs you.
                                This. I've actually been considering practicing bass a lot more instead of guitar and making bass my primary instrument - that way I can always find a gig if I want to AND I won't have to try and find one for my own stuff. Good bassists are like good girlfriends; they can afford to pass up a couple less than stellar gigs/offers because they're always in high demand.

Comment

Working...
                                X