Beat it solo cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beat it solo cover

Last edited by greekdude; 08-17-2017, 02:55 PM.

Re: Beat it solo cover

And the neo-classical version while I still remembered the notes

Comment

First one was great! Second one was cool but pretty sloppy imo. Need to focus more on having your hands in sync...you can tell your just sort of tremolo picking and hoping your L and R hands are going at the same rate. At :21 you can see your right hand starts going before your left does if you know what I mean.

Your bends, vibrato, muting, and control on everything else is spot on, and is what made the first one so enjoyable. Just trying to give some friendly advice on the shred part!
      TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

Yeah man that was most excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamanda~SD View Post
          First one was great! Second one was cool but pretty sloppy imo. Need to focus more on having your hands in sync...you can tell your just sort of tremolo picking and hoping your L and R hands are going at the same rate. At :21 you can see your right hand starts going before your left does if you know what I mean.

Your bends, vibrato, muting, and control on everything else is spot on, and is what made the first one so enjoyable. Just trying to give some friendly advice on the shred part!
          Thanx man, that's absolutely right! I have noticed in some vids the right hand moving without even touching the strings. Synchronization takes improvement.

However I like the second approach better, because it was an effort to transcribe the same idea of the original to a more classic style of playing.
          Last edited by greekdude; 08-19-2017, 12:52 AM.

Comment

Guys I know I have beat-en the dead horse beyond repair, but I am gonna dare and post this last one, which is like my version :
            Again sloppy at times, but I got the time to do this so I post it:

Comment

That was my favourite one. Those legato licks were pretty slick too! the run at :07 put a smile on my face haha honestly, it's just the syncing of the two when you go for alternate pick runs.

Great job, and great use of the bar as well
              TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by greekdude View Post
                Guys I know I have beat-en the dead horse beyond repair, but I am gonna dare and post this last one, which is like my version
                You're not beating any dead horse.

This forum (and particularly this sub-forum) needs a lot more performance submissions (audio/video) from members.

I mean, this is a guitar pickup forum, right?

Comment

Working...
                X