Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! - Mic Preamp

I just purchased a PreSonus TUBEPre.

I'm running a SM57 linked to the preamp by the instrument input (XLR to 1/4), output is balanced and is going into my DELTA44 Sound Card.

I just can't seem to get rid of the CLICKING and BUZZING! No matter how I set up the level and gain. It is so annoying! I've narrowed it down to a couple of thoughts in my mind: the first connection from the SM57 to the preamp or the 12AX7 itself.

Anyone know what's up? How to fix this?

Here's a clip of what I'm talking about...

Re: HELP! - Mic Preamp

Checking clip now ...
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

That definitely sounds like a bad/shorting connection somewhere.
      I would recommend turning the unit off, letting it cool down, and then removing the tube and re-seating it.
      Then try replacing the cables.
      It sounds like you have a short somewhere to my ears; may be a bad tube, but if so, it's a tube noise I've never encountered before.

If it persists after swapping the cables, take it back from where you bought it and make them swap it out for a new one.
      Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
      My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Hey TO, I appreciate your insight and quick response, but after a little troubleshooting I've found that it's actually NOT the preamp at all...but is rather a problem with my soundcard and the way my software is interpreting it. Anyways, I thank you again.

Comment

Working...
        X