banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Short clip + short rant! (Tech help needed - Cubase SX 2.0 users?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short clip + short rant! (Tech help needed - Cubase SX 2.0 users?)

Jesus, it's been friggin ages since I posted music in here... I hope to be back in more often but I have a problem

All those who cba with my problem/can't help, scroll to the end for links

Right, I recently installed all my recording software again, which is basically guitar port + cubase SX. Except this time I've managed to get hold of SX 2, which looks a bit more complex but nothing I shouldn't be able to get used to.

Problem - Sound is choppy whilst recording + playing back in Cubase. However, when I export it to MP3 it appears to be fine, please tell me if you find any choppyness in the clip

Basically, I'd appreciate it if you'd give me a checklist of stuff to check and see if I've got configured right to see if it's a setup issue...

I'm runnign two hard drives atm, Cubase is installed on the smaller one (along with all of hte rest of my programs) and all my recordings are going on to the second larger hard disk. The thinking is, if the small one fcks up and has to be reformatted, all my music is on a seperate one to beging with. Could using two hd at once cause an issue? Guitar port is also installed on the smaller disk.

I've already changed the DMA format things - guitar port came up and said my second hd wasn't set for DMA (in the automatic detection software) so I changed that and re-booted, apparently no difference.

Whether you can help or not, I hope you enjoy the clip, it's a jam over a chilled out backing Rid used a while ago. I think it's recorded kinda quiet, but I'm sure you all know how to fix that one

Clip

Lo Fi

Hi Fi

Mp3

All critiscism invited - it's been bloody ages since I heard myself back and I'm guessing I've developed a load of unnoticed bad playing habbits in the (about) 1 1/2 - 2 months I've been unable to record. Sorry for the length of the clip, the small jittering got very very annoying.

My clips

Originally posted by Rid
    How do I block my hardtail?

Re: Short clip + short rant! (Tech help needed - Cubase SX 2.0 users?)

No "choppiness" that I could notice.
    Playing sounded fine ...
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Cheers.

It was being an arse when I was recording it though... Gonna have to have a fiddle with all the settings in cubase again, but I really cannot see what's wrong
      My clips

Originally posted by Rid

Comment

That's what I hate about DAW products!
        No physical knobs/connections to check!!
        Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
        My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Thing is, if there was, I'd most likely break them anyway
          My clips

Originally posted by Rid

Comment

yup sounded fine here too ... must just be a goofy software latency issue if things are going back and forth between drives across the buss during recording and making it to the soundcard a bit off the mark

i liked the tone and playing too .. had quite a 'soundtrack' feel too it (quite agreeable) ... evocative through understatement ... reminded me of an update to the 'ringo's lonely walk' sequence from hard days night .. .nice stuff

cheers
            t4d
            gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Love it! That was so friggin cool! Awesome backing and guitar playing. Wish it had a lenght of 40 minutes or so. Thatīs cool!
              Originally posted by Guitarist
              Honestly, I like Scott's words. "There is a rhythm to life. Ride the waves."

And keep in mind that while nothing lasts forever, nothing is lost.
              http://soundcloud.com/adrian-czarnecki/tracks

Comment

I second strangesounds comment, It sounds really Floyd-ish to me, All you gotta do is throw in some more synth,and make it so its about 3 hours long

Seriously tho, that sounded awesome!!!
                Marshall JVM 410C
                Mesa Boogie DC-3
                ~2010 USA G&L Legacy Special/S-500 bastard-child, Tobaccoburst.
                1996 USA G&L Legacy, Honeyburst, SSS , Dimarzio Injector/Kinman AVn69/AVn69
                2007 USA Gibson LP Studio, Stock PUPs
                2005 USA EBMM Silhouette Special,Hardtail , Tobaccoburst,SSS Stock PUPs
                1999 USA Peavey Wolfgang,Flame Cherryburst Trem
                2005 MIM Fender Tele, Hotrails/Stock Neck
                1997 Yamaha Pacifica 812 EMGs

Comment

Duuude you are getting versatile in your old age The recording has a few clicks and it sounds a little mono, but the playing and the feel make up for it. It sounds a bit Rid-ish That's a good thing.
                  https://www.bandmix.com/stevereed/

Comment

Lol, yeah Rid's one of the guys who I always check out when he posts stuff, so it's about time the influence started to come through

Yeah it is in mono - Cubase SX 2 I find a lot harder to work than SX as theres too many symbol buttons instead of text on them... I can't actually find the button to make it stereo

Still having no luck with this jerky problem, gonna try re-installing Cubase later on today :/
                    My clips

Originally posted by Rid

Comment

Working...
                    X