I am back ladies .... My new band Wolves of Agra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am back ladies .... My new band Wolves of Agra

We recorded this single in May of last year. We are still here, booking gigs, I am re-united with my bass player of 19 years ago. And we are recording another single on the 29th. Feels Great !!!

Last edited by Dr.Mavashi; 08-26-2018, 08:24 PM.
    Active Duty Rig:
    MIA Lone Star Strat (HS-Fullshred/Tex-Special neck)
    Warmoth Roads V/Kramer Neck (HS - Custom/Tex-Special neck)

BadHoarsie Original ->

Laney AOR 50 ProTube ( 6 knobber ) / Laney GH50L | efxloop Rocktron Hush Super C/BBE 422A Sonic Maximizer | Weber lite Mass Attenuator ->

JCM900_1960A 4 x 12

Re: I am back ladies .... My new band Wolves of Agra

Very cool, love the old school stuff! Reminds me of old Scorps.
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
      Very cool, love the old school stuff! Reminds me of old Scorps.
      Thank you Dude, glad to see you are still around here. Originally the riff started out being inspired by pre Sykes Whitesnake, but I can see how you can hear a bit of Lovedrive vibe there. I have been listening to Roth era Scorps on regular basis for more than 10 years, Roth is huge influence on me, so thanks man!

How about you, still giging ?
      Active Duty Rig:

BadHoarsie Original ->

Laney AOR 50 ProTube ( 6 knobber ) / Laney GH50L | efxloop Rocktron Hush Super C/BBE 422A Sonic Maximizer | Weber lite Mass Attenuator ->

JCM900_1960A 4 x 12

Comment

I’m doing great!

I gig when can, played a couple of gigs last year. My main focus is on releasing new material, I have released four albums and two (very long) singles over the past four years. My last album was released in December and I have another one coming out this Summer.

Comment

Here is our new one, hope you like it! Please say so if you do and if you Don't!

Active Duty Rig:

BadHoarsie Original ->

JCM900_1960A 4 x 12

Comment

Those were both good, and I'm not even into heavy metal. I liked the first one a little more, but both had really good recording quality. Is that you singing? You kinda have that "Highway Star" thing going.

Comment

Really like the second song, too; has that Wolf/Mercyful Fate thing going on! Woulda liked to have heard a string pad in a couple of spots, but that's just the producer in me, not faulting your choices at all.

Comment

"string pad" ???
                That's a new one to me. What do you mean?

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
                  That's a new one to me. What do you mean?

Comment

Ah, so string pad in terms of string-section pad. Kinda like a single chord string sample?

Comment

Ah, so string pad in terms of string-section pad. Kinda like a single chord string sample?
                      It can be; most "single" note string pads are very full sounding because symphonic strings are not tuned the same way so you will have different octaves for 1st/2nd violins and violas. Playing a chord on a string pad couldn't actually exist in any real orchestra unless they had a LOT of string players! For this kind of music, I would use just single notes with perhaps a very 'inside' subtle melody just to fatten up the Phrygian sections; maybe even a Mellotron string pad, but that may be too up front for this.

Comment

I'll just have to "google" this. In all the years I've been into recording and computers, (albiet, on a hobby level), I've never heard this term before. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

No problem; happy hunting!

Comment

Really like the second song, too; has that Wolf/Mercyful Fate thing going on! Woulda liked to have heard a string pad in a couple of spots, but that's just the producer in me, not faulting your choices at all.
                            Thank you Dude! I would love to find a proper keyboard player as permanent member of the band. I am a huge Purple/Uriah Heep fan, so yeah ....
                            Active Duty Rig:

BadHoarsie Original ->

JCM900_1960A 4 x 12

Comment

Those were both good, and I'm not even into heavy metal. I liked the first one a little more, but both had really good recording quality. Is that you singing? You kinda have that "Highway Star" thing going.
                              Thank you! I dont sing, its really bad when I try ... That's our singer singning, were a 4 piece at this point, maybe a 5 piece in the future with keys. First is my best riff of all time I think, its the only time I think I fully succeeded blending 80 and 70s ...
                              Active Duty Rig:

BadHoarsie Original ->

JCM900_1960A 4 x 12

Comment

Working...
                              X