What Happened in Philly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Happened in Philly

I recently traveled to Philly to (in addition to eating scrapple) attend my 40th high school reunion. We also managed to surprise everybody with a reunion of our high school rock & roll band. We didn't do too badly for a bunch of old guys (plus a couple of wives) with about two hours of rehearsal. The other guitar player did sound, and recorded 13 tracks off his Mackie digital mixer-thingie. The bass player's son shot some quality video, but it's obviously going to take the Philly crowd a loooooong time to finish the mix and sync it up with the video. There's even talk of re-recording some of the vocals, which makes me glad I'm back in the north country. I'll just let them all fuss over it as long as they want and stay safely up here out of the way.

Me? I'm good with a couple of rough mixes. I just slapped an appropriate photo on them so we'd have something to look at and away we go.

That's me on guitar. Hamer Sunburst with Josh Gravelin pickups, into my DIY 18 Watter clone, through an old passive H&K Red Box cab sim/DI box. BB Preamp on the solo.

Here's a pic of the band, before they herded us all onto the minibus and took us back to the home.

Last edited by Rich_S; 05-10-2018, 07:26 PM.
    Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
    Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Re: What Happened in Philly

Here's another, me on vocals, rhythm guitar, and the dreaded talkbox.

I thought this was kinda funny: Somebody in the band called out "Rocky Mountain Way" for soundcheck, so we played it. That finished, I was comparing notes with Rob, the bass player as we were putting down our axes and switching off our amps. Jen, one of the wife/singers came waltzing by, making wow-wow-wow noises, imitating my talkbox. She was all enthusiastic, saying, "That thing is so cool! I can't believe you built it." And off she went, wow-wow-wowing all the way. I turned to Rob and muttered, "I can't believe it impresses the chicks."
    Last edited by Rich_S; 05-10-2018, 07:27 PM.
    Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
    Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Comment

Sounds like you had a blast. Love your talkbox solo. You nailed it!

Comment

Looking forward to checking this out!
        Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
        My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Working...
        X