banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

INTER-CELLULAR COMMUNICATION -- a quick generative jam (modular synths)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• INTER-CELLULAR COMMUNICATION -- a quick generative jam (modular synths)

Wanted to make a generative patch that exploited the use of 'rhythmic cells', a technique used in generative composition. This patch was made using a cell of 2 beats. Each beat can be either an eighth or quarter note, a rest or a note. The left-hand side is a Karplus-Strong synth voice. The right-hand side is a square and triangle wave mixed together. The tempo is being set by an LFO. Uncertainty is being generated by two Boolean logic gates and a function generator. The end result is a near-endless improvisation on based on a C Major chord spread over a couple of octaves. Reverb is from a TC Hall Of Fame Mini.
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Re: INTER-CELLULAR COMMUNICATION -- a quick generative jam (modular synths)

Strangely fascinating... gets mesmerizing when things pick up about 3/4 into it.

Comment

Re: INTER-CELLULAR COMMUNICATION -- a quick generative jam (modular synths)

Originally posted by LLL View Post
      Strangely fascinating... gets mesmerizing when things pick up about 3/4 into it.
      Thanks for commenting! I sometimes forget how ‘out there’ these pieces can be as you are basically listening to an analog computer program running. There is a lot going on with that patch and it has a cool expressiveness that’s I like. To my ears it sounds like something Michael Manring would play.
      Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
      My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Working...
      X