Me butchering some Ozzy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me butchering some Ozzy

This is my first video ever and it was a rush job to get done cause it was right after work. The song is 4:15 and my buddy's phone was shutting off at the 2min mark which was right at the middle and outro solos which really messed me up cause I thought he was trying to get my attention to tell me his phone stopped..

The point was just to make a video cause I always promised Iwould but I never did, so please easy on me. This was really 1-1/2 takes and I didn't warm up... I know I butchered the hell out of it...

Part-1

Part-2

Just a MetalZone into the clean side of a Peavey Studio 210 and the bridge humbucker only (FullShred)
    87 Kramer Pacer Deluxe, 87 Kramer Pacer Imperial, 88 Kramer Nightswan, 83 Kramer V, 88 Kramer F3000, 87 Charvel Model-3, Charvel Jake mutt, > into some rack stuff.

Re: Me butchering some Ozzy

Way to go Joe! You had some good shreds going!
    The things that you wanted
    I bought them for you

Comment

Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post
      Way to go Joe! You had some good shreds going!
      Agreed.

And I would hardy call it "butchering"!!!

Matter of interest:

What guitar is that (looks aweful familiar to me)??? (Cannot see from headstock in the video).

Comment

Originally posted by dpaterson View Post
        Agreed.

And I would hardy call it "butchering"!!!

Matter of interest:

What guitar is that (looks aweful familiar to me)??? (Cannot see from headstock in the video).
        Well I fudged my way thru the whole thing and most parts aren't played correct at all, but I guess that wasn't the point anyways.. Its a very unforgiving song and if youre off a split second it shows. I had to hit play and then hurry up and start right away...

That's my Nightswan, I know its kinda hard to see... my tone is not my usual tone but I dialed it in the best I could considering what it is..

Thanks for the compliments, I almost didn't post it but its my first video and I wasn't sure when Id get another one so it is what it is... Id like to do something else soon though. I was actually gonna do some Maiden like Moonchild or Flight Of Icarus but Ozzy popped up on youtube when I did a 20sec test to match volumes between my laptop and amp so I went with it.
        87 Kramer Pacer Deluxe, 87 Kramer Pacer Imperial, 88 Kramer Nightswan, 83 Kramer V, 88 Kramer F3000, 87 Charvel Model-3, Charvel Jake mutt, > into some rack stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post
          Well I fudged my way thru the whole thing and most parts aren't played correct at all, but I guess that wasn't the point anyways.. Its a very unforgiving song and if youre off a split second it shows. I had to hit play and then hurry up and start right away...

That's my Nightswan, I know its kinda hard to see... my tone is not my usual tone but I dialed it in the best I could considering what it is..

Thanks for the compliments, I almost didn't post it but its my first video and I wasn't sure when Id get another one so it is what it is... Id like to do something else soon though. I was actually gonna do some Maiden like Moonchild or Flight Of Icarus but Ozzy popped up on youtube when I did a 20sec test to match volumes between my laptop and amp so I went with it.
          Thought it was a Nightswan. Nice. (Only noticed your signature now though!!! LOL!!!).

Don't let it be the last one (video).

Comment

Its kinda crappy video and audio so its hard to tell what it is really....the inlays kinda give it away sort of, and also Im left handed so that's gonna throw it all off! Hahaha!

Someone mentioned about copyright and facebook pulling things so this one might not last cause I'm sure Jack and Aimee will tell Mom, but Id like to get my ipad setup and do it at my own leisure cause this video was pretty much fire it up and dump the clutch more or less. But that's a nice change of pace cause it shows my mess ups and its more honest and unforgiving like I said above. I might try later today to get something going so we'll see. Thanks again!

Comment

Plus you're stoned!

Comment

Long Live Rock n Roll...

Comment

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post
                  Long Live Rock n Roll...
                  You do of course realise that's a Dio (well: Rainbow) song (this on an Ozzy thread)??? LOL!!!

I know it's just a comment. Just saying is all.

P.S.

Been meaning to comment on this. FaceBook and YouTube mentioned above. I'm starting to get real "pis*ed" myself with SoundCloud. Seems there is no standard with them. For the sake of explanation purposes (here) I've had cause to TRY and upload mere snippets (guitar solos) of some songs. One or two: no problem. Then the next two or three or so: "sorry: violation". Even tried taking them to task and explaining that whatever I upload is merely for demonstration and/or educational purposes and not even complete songs but "no joy" from them. Then again: no standard with YouTube either. A while back I uploaded a Nightwish video (one flipping song) and it was taken down. But upon inspection after the fact: that EXACT SAME VIDEO (song) is all over YouTube. Anyways and to this end: I'm currently looking at the possibility of uploading and streaming from my own website (still testing but it ain't that difficult as long as your ISP is giving some decent throughput) (then they can all go and "take a hike").
                  Last edited by dpaterson; 12-19-2018, 01:37 AM.

Comment

I've never learned one Jake song all the way through,,,,,,and shame on me for that.
                    When I started playing it was right to the Tony riffs and then after 8/9 months I was trying to tackle the Randy classics and No Rest For The Wicked riffs.
                    Jake is by far the least conventional IMO.

Now You See It Now You Don't is one of my all time favorite tunes!!!

Comment

Not too shabby....however (and like you even mentioned) you are playing pretty much every riff wrong
                      TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

Yea I realize it was a Rainbow/Dio title but its fitting I suppose...How about "You can't Kill Rock n Roll"

Dave, That's a good tune as well and one of my favs on that album.

Kamanda, yea dude I almost didn't even post it cause it is rather craptastic and borderline embarrassing I admit. I should've atleast played a song I actually knew how to play correctly, but I grew up with this stuff and I know the song but I don't "know" the song. Lmao!

Comment

Working...
                        X