Solo in my generation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solo in my generation

I'm playing out on saturaday with some mates, we just threw a band together to play this guys party, not a real band. I'm having some problems with the solo in My Generation by The Who. I think I figured out the first eight bars okay but the next eight I'm stuck on. The guitar seems to drop in the mix (Suppose it is more a bass solo really, I'm just not gonna admit that to the bassist). Does anybody know how to play it? At the minute I'm just playing the backing vocal melody four times and pretending to the rest of the band I know what I'm doing. Y'know, the *talking 'bout my gen-eration* but with double stops. Nobodies noticed yet but it's just a matter of time. Anybody got any tips.
    Guitars:
    Epi LP (SH-11b + SH-55n)
    Danelectro U2 '56 Reissue
    Yamaha APX5LA
    Pedals:
    MXR Super Comp, HBE Power Screamer, Toadworks Death Rattle, Carl Martin Crunch Drive, Boss CE-2, Marshall Ed The Compressor, Marshall Drivemaster, Arion EQ, Bespeco Volume Pedal
    Amps:
    Fender Prosonic combo
    Marshall JTM60 combo

Re: Solo in my generation

It is a bass...if we're thinking of the same part of the song. I played bass in a band for 12 years. We did that song at one point. It's really easy to play. If you can't nail what he's doing then just improvise. If I recall correctly it's in the key of G.

Comment

Working...
    X