3 covers PC recorded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 covers PC recorded

After a nice long break from guitar (about 8 years and 2 kids later) I recently got back into it about a month ago.

Here is my hasty attemp at slapping together some quick cover tunes, so please tell me what you think, kind words or not.

All 3 tracks are complete songs minus the vocals, and all were recorded using adobe audition software. The Drums and Bass are made from guitar-pro 4. All guitars were my PRS double cutaway copy w/ a Duncan JB in the bridge.

You shook me all night long (AC/DC) - The amp is a Marshall 30 watt MG series. This is the first song i recorded and I no longer own the amp. The delay for the dolo was a DOD dogital delay. The rhythm guitars were done on 2 separate tracks, panned left and right. The solo is multi tracked starting about 1/3rd of the way in. I was looking for a more bostonesque type sound so there were many layers.

Breaking the Chains (Dokken) - The amp is a Kustom 30 watt solid state with a Boss distortion pedal running into the CD input, so there is no amp coloring of the sound and the delay is the same DOD used in the song before. I was going for a more over the top heavier type sound , so i mixed it with really hot levels.

Alone Again (Dokken) - Same setup as Breaking the chains for the distorted guitars. The acoustic guitar is an Alvarez acoustic/electric. This is probably my favourite of the 3 recordings, however it is far from perfect as you will see. The outro solo is about 1 measure too short as i did the guitar pro file and recorded most of the song and didnt realize i shorted the ending unitl it was going to be too much trouble to go back and do it al over again.

Anyway, the PC setup is basic, with a crummy Sb audigy as my sound card and a mic i purchased at radio shack.

The hi-fi isnt working just yet, but the low-fi seems to be working fine.

Re: 3 covers PC recorded

The songs have cleared, so the hi-fi and mp3 downloads are now working.

Comment

Working...
    X