George Lynch!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Lynch!

I've been on a Lynch kick - listening to Back for the Attack, and trying to play in his vein a little bit by learning some tricks from his website. Cool stuff. Him and Scholnick (during the Testament days) are high on my list right now. OK, they've always been up there. I think it's the diminished thing they both use. Switch up the 5th and 7th on the normal minor scale and BAM, you got yourself a party.
    Gozer the Traveler. Gozer the Destructor. Gozer the Gozarian. Wait for a sign from Gozer the Traveler; he will come in one of the pre-chosen forms.

Re: George Lynch!

Lynch's playing is off of the map.. totally amazing. A few of us forum guys hung out with him at the sound check for UGD and he just brought the place down.. The gig was at an upper scale hotel in Santa Barbara, in a large party room.. during sound check, Lynch was jamming in the room (through my plexi) while the doors (to the hotel) were open.. people would come by and stare.. an older woman was at the door, watching with her ears plugged.. she thought is was the end of the world! She was basically in a panic
    https://www.bandmix.com/stevereed/

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo
      Lynch's playing is off of the map.. totally amazing. A few of us forum guys hung out with him at the sound check for UGD and he just brought the place down.. The gig was at an upper scale hotel in Santa Barbara, in a large party room.. during sound check, Lynch was jamming in the room (through my plexi) while the doors (to the hotel) were open.. people would come by and stare.. an older woman was at the door, watching with her ears plugged.. she thought is was the end of the world! She was basically in a panic
      cool story. thanks!
      Gozer the Traveler. Gozer the Destructor. Gozer the Gozarian. Wait for a sign from Gozer the Traveler; he will come in one of the pre-chosen forms.

Comment

I too grew up listening to those great lynch riffs. I still find myself playing many of his licks as I just play. you cant help but be influenced by the guy if you like his style. I love his screamin deamon pickup as well. I have a 4/10 speaker practice amp that sounded realy average untill I droped his pickup in my floyd rose strat. suddenly my el84 amp had wonderful clip and if I dimed the treble on my guitar it realy enhanced the amps gain and clip. Its easy to see why he has had an influence on so many players

Comment

I fancy myself a lynch desciple as well..lol...nothing beats his tone and playing back in the 80's...in a word: brutal
          Splawn QR
          Splawn 4x12 w/greenbacks
          Splawn 2x12 w/ CL80s
          George Lynch Skulls n' Snakes Sig ESP w/JB trembucker

My Cover Band
          My Gear Pix
          My SPLAWN Clips
          My SPLAWN Vids/Homepage

Comment

Lynch has also always been one of my favorites. Not that I was listening to Dokken as it came out, but it's something I discovered in the early 90s as my musical preferences began to define themselves. Since then, he has always been one of my idols. Just hearing the stories of him at UGD really make me beat myself up that I didn't go. That's now two events in my life that I had an unknown opporunity to meet the man.
            Duncan Pickups in currently in use: '59 (rewound to PATB-3)/'59, Custom/AP2H, Tapped QP set for Tele, Crazy 8/Cool Rails, Screamin' Demon/Stra-Bro 90, Custom 5/Phat Cat, SP90-1/SP90-2, SMB-5D

Comment

One of my favs for sure. Been listening to him since the early Dokken days. Saw him once on the first Lynch Mob tour. Absolutely insane. Definitely a unique style. I love his story about when VH opened up for his band before Dokken, "The Boyz", one of VH's first big stage shows in LA. Loads of record company execs there. It's pretty funny actually. I think he talks about it on his site somewhere.

Comment

Lynch has a very distinct sound and style. Surely a great player. Saw him in Oslo a few years back. He was doing some showcase thing with ESP. He wasnt that into the theory bit, but he totaly smoked the place with his playing.

Old Dokken was a good band, but I kinda prefer his stuff with Lynch Mob, though.
                "Thou Shalt Not Spilleth Thy Beer"

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Classic's, Fender Stratocaster
                Amps: Soldano SLO 100, Mesa/Boogie Lonestar Special, Hughes & Kettner Tube 20

Comment

After the UGD jam session, some of us went to see the atomic punks - a van halen tribute band.. lots of fun. Lynch sat in with the band! He had problems with the strap locks on Mr Scary, so he played the regular guy's EVH Charvel. He brought down the house bigtime. He played "Aint Takin Bout Love" and then 2 Dokken tunes with them! Serious rock!
                  https://www.bandmix.com/stevereed/

Comment

Working...
                  X