Higher Ground (Vox ToneLab Clip) [Recycler]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Higher Ground (Vox ToneLab Clip) [Recycler]

Hey, recorded this little while back. Just recorded some stuff over Rid's HG backing track in one or two takes.

Click on Higher Ground Jam.

Re: Higher Ground (Vox ToneLab Clip) [Recycler]

nice tone..sounded a little like eric johnson (love that tone).what guitar and settings did you use.

chris
    "Get a BIBLE: open it, read it, and believe it" - Me

Comment

Thanks, that is a high compliment! The tone is in the hands in this case, because I actually recorded that bit using a technique from EJ's hot licks video. The bounce picking method really gives the pick attack that character. I always thought it was his amps or pickups, but it is in his hands! This gain structure was probably more than he would have used, but you still get the same basic attack. I have been working with my Vox TL through my amp and into the PC to find a quality EJ tone. I've come quite close to his Cliffs of Dover tone (using the bounce picking method and Vox AC30 model pushed hard. I'll post clips soon!

I believe that was the JCM (Uk 80s) head with the Vox AD cab. I tossed some Tube OD over and pushed the gain hard. I can send you the patch (if I'm remembering the right one, that is) if you PM me.

Oh, and the guitar is just a HSS Strat-style Godin from the 90s. I used the stock bridge HB, I think.
      Last edited by Ocifer; 06-18-2005, 12:46 AM.

Comment

Yeah it has EJ moments for sure!

For me, the guitar is a bit too loud but for checking a new guitar tone itīs good

Cheers!
        Originally posted by Guitarist
        Honestly, I like Scott's words. "There is a rhythm to life. Ride the waves."

And keep in mind that while nothing lasts forever, nothing is lost.
        http://soundcloud.com/adrian-czarnecki/tracks

Comment

Agrees with the rest, not an easy track to play over as it is.

Comment

Thanks guys. Yeah, sorry StrangeSound, but I can't find the master session of the recording anymore. When I mixed it, my speakers were on the fritz.

Comment

Working...
            X