Wanted: JB bridge clips :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wanted: JB bridge clips :-)

Here's a JB in a tele, clean and dirty. I didn't use a pick on the clean parts:
    Tele, JB, clean and Dirt
    Last edited by Stevo; 10-04-2008, 04:32 PM.
    https://www.bandmix.com/stevereed/

Comment

Originally posted by Kev
      Heres a clip of me riding the JB in a attempt at Juice by steve Vai

Kev
      dude, that's friggin' AWESOME!!! one of my favorite vai tunes to be sure

one great thing about this site.it keeps me from getting a big head...lol
      Splawn QR
      Splawn 4x12 w/greenbacks
      Splawn 2x12 w/ CL80s
      George Lynch Skulls n' Snakes Sig ESP w/JB trembucker

My Cover Band
      My Gear Pix
      My SPLAWN Clips
      My SPLAWN Vids/Homepage

Comment

Originally posted by Sune
        Yeah, I forgot to tell you that was a very nice clip, thanks for it. It's like the more clips I hear, the more I realize that the JB is capable of doing ALOT of different styles..That's what you can call a versatile pickup..
        Yeh, thats why its in my RG. Its really really good. And whats more, you can actually play clean with it believ eit or not!

Originally posted by Kamanda~SD
        Holy **** dude, You sure as hell did justice to that!! I sounds awsome, and t sounds really well recorded, not just liek someone playing over a backing track, actually sounds...real. How did you record it?
        I spent the other afternoon recording and mixing it on the PC, i always use Cool edit pro 2, as its got a really easy interface. Sorry for the playing, its not quite down at the end, that bit still makes my ears bleed!

Heres what i used:

Ibanez RG2570EX using the bridge bucker (DuncanJB) into a Boss GT 6 with a Vai patch ive been working on for ages but can never get there all the way lol. Boss GT6 normally goes into a Marshall MG50dfx, but today it went into my 100W Marshall VS100, which i handily mangaed to pickup for £50

The VS100 was mic'd centre on the cone with a Shure SM57, but a few cm back in order to avoid a harsher /clipped sound.
        Recorded straight into my little Zoom MRS4 4-track onto smart media and whipped onto the PC.

Cool edit pro 2 was used to mix it, and i did a little messing with the EQ, sterte tracked the guitar and added a little reverb. Played a round a little with the panning too, as ive never really done much with it, because i noticed that on the breakdown in Juice the guitar seems to pan left about 75% i think.

Hope this helps,

Kev
        PC: Windows XP/Vista, Intel Q6600 @ 3.6ghz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 1TB HDD, M-Audio 1010lt
        DAW: Nuendo
        Noise: 5150
        Guitar: Palm Bay Cyclone

http://www.myspace.com/kevparsons

Comment

Nice, have you tried Adobe Audition??? It's the new Cool Edit Pro but with more features yet still EXTREMELY easy to use.
          TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

...potato?
            A few choons

Comment

Originally posted by Kamanda~SD
              Nice, have you tried Adobe Audition??? It's the new Cool Edit Pro but with more features yet still EXTREMELY easy to use.
              I just got the trial version on your advice. It all seems the same to me?! Im sure i'll find out soon its new features... but in the mean time, what the hell does it do the old one doesnt?
              PC: Windows XP/Vista, Intel Q6600 @ 3.6ghz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 1TB HDD, M-Audio 1010lt
              DAW: Nuendo
              Noise: 5150
              Guitar: Palm Bay Cyclone

http://www.myspace.com/kevparsons

Comment

Well.. t basically is the same, but also.. 128 track multi-track!! my cool edit pro 2000 only had 4!!!! and theres some other minor changes too, I'm sure the internet will have more information as I do not use alot of the advanced features and stuff. Also, when Adobe bought sibelious, you could upgrade from a certain cool edit for free or $10 or something.

Sorry I can;t be much help, use whatever your comfortable with.
                TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

Thanks for all your clips so far..And if there's any more people who has any clips, feel free to contribute them!! And Jazz neck clips are also welcome, and the combination of JB/Jazz.

BC Rich Mockingbird (Gibson Iommi/stock PUP)
                  Custom guitar (JB/Jazz)
                  Marshall JCM900 50W Hi Gain Master Volume MKlll
                  Laney GH100TI Tony Iommi signature amp
                  Framus FR212 CB cabinet
                  Marshall MG10CD (pretty crappy :laugh2: )
                  Line6 Toneport UX2
                  Rocktron Heart Attack

Comment

I have the JB/Jazz combination in my EBMM axis..when I get some clips I'll post them for you
                    Splawn QR
                    Splawn 4x12 w/greenbacks
                    Splawn 2x12 w/ CL80s
                    George Lynch Skulls n' Snakes Sig ESP w/JB trembucker

My Cover Band
                    My Gear Pix
                    My SPLAWN Clips
                    My SPLAWN Vids/Homepage

Comment

Working...
                    X