Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New peace machine clips!!!!

Originally posted by Curly
    to be honest, I think Robb tried out several different vocalists, and ended up doing the vocals himself

I'm sure it's difficult to find someone who is not only a good vocalist, but also the right person for a band

personaly, i would have prefered an instrumental album, no vocals.....

thats just my opinion, however.
    esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
    fender mim standard strat
    peavey classic 30
    johnson j-station
    original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
    dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
    yamaha f-310p acoustic
    taylor 410 acoustic
    "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

Originally posted by Curly
      well, I just wanted to offer some explanation ... I think Robb is pretty busy trying to get his CD out, and doesn't check in all the time
      Gotcha buddy...

John
      Last edited by STRATDELUXER97; 05-23-2004, 05:13 PM.
      Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

hey john, why did you deleate all your posts?
        peavey classic 30
        johnson j-station
        yamaha f-310p acoustic
        taylor 410 acoustic
        "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

Originally posted by xerxes
          hey john, why did you deleate all your posts?
          I feel if I can't offer something positive and nice,then it isn't worth posting,besides the music totally rocks...The whole band rocks in a very Frank Marino Mahogany Rush kinda way...

John
          Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Originally posted by STRATDELUXER97
            I feel if I can't offer something positive and nice,then it isn't worth posting,besides the music totally rocks...The whole band rocks in a very Frank Marino Mahogany Rush kinda way...

John

ok then....

constructive critism is allways good though.........
            peavey classic 30
            johnson j-station
            yamaha f-310p acoustic
            taylor 410 acoustic

Comment

ok then....

constructive critism is allways good though.........
              Initially I felt it was constructive,but is it?

John

Comment

i think it is. if we told people that everything was perfect, then we would be miserable and so would the music....even if this is the final cut for the album, improvement can allways be made whether its for live stuff or for the next album.
                peavey classic 30
                johnson j-station
                yamaha f-310p acoustic
                taylor 410 acoustic

Comment

i think it is. if we told people that everything was perfect, then we would be miserable and so would the music....even if this is the final cut for the album, improvement can allways be made whether its for live stuff or for the next album.
                  True,but I except constructive critism from friends and I'd feel more comfy if it came from friends...Not that Gomano isn't a forum brother,but I would want the jist of the post to be constructive and not taken out of context? Ya know? Plus the music really rocks and his guitar chops are great also..Maybe we'll let others listen to the tunes and they can critique also..

John

Comment

I thought all these clips rocked. Especially DragonFly and The Mission. I definitely felt the ghost of Jimi throughout all those clips, and someone else that I couldn't quite put my finger on . . . til I read the members bio's.

Robin Trower. As soon as I saw that name, I recognized the style. And, I think that Jimi was a big influence of Robin. Its funny that it shows through three levels of influence.

Since the "vocal thang" is being touched on here . . . gingerly, I gotta say, its definitely the musics weak link. Not horrible, or anything like that, but it does detract from the otherwise professional sound of the music.

It wouldn't stop me from buying the CD though.
                    Overall . . . great tunes.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo
                      I thought all these clips rocked. Especially DragonFly and The Mission. I definitely felt the ghost of Jimi throughout all those clips, and someone else that I couldn't quite put my finger on . . . til I read the members bio's.

Robin Trower. As soon as I saw that name, I recognized the style. And, I think that Jimi was a big influence of Robin. Its funny that it shows through three levels of influence.

Since the "vocal thang" is being touched on here . . . gingerly, I gotta say, its definitely the musics weak link. Not horrible, or anything like that, but it does detract from the otherwise professional sound of the music.

It wouldn't stop me from buying the CD though.
                      Overall . . . great tunes.
                      Artie...I Liked your explanation better than mine...Mine was a bit too honest and direct actually..I felt like the tunes leaned very heavily towards Frank Marino and Mahogany Rush's whole vibe...Even the guitar tones reminded me of that era..The music is really happening...

John

Comment

Working...
                      X