sweep picking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sweep picking

does anyone have any clips of sweep picking? im having a tough time learning it and id love to hear the way its supposed to sound. thanks.
    we can be heroes

Re: sweep picking

Listen to "Speed Kills" by Micheal Angelo Batio, that is the definition of sweeping...lol
    A few choons

Comment

Or anything by Frank Gambale.
      Generic signature line.

Comment

There's a video there, as well as a few exercises. Hope that helps

If you'd rather just be scared by watching how good someone can get at it, watch this
        My clips

Originally posted by Rid
        How do I block my hardtail?

Comment

+1 to the jason becker clip... and also if you want some emotion in your sweeping instead of just mindless shredding, listen to all beckers stuff.
          Speak through your fingers

Comment

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Comment

one thing that's helped me out a lot with sweep picking....just remember that your picking hand has to move a lot more slowly than you think it would have to.
              gear:

'05 gibson les paul studio vintage mahogany (DiMarzio Super Distortion/ SD Jazz)
              '04 gibson SG standard (BurstBucker Pro's)
              mesa/boogie 2-channel dual rectifier (with EL34's)
              marshall 1960A 4x12
              and a few pedals

Comment

Originally posted by muttonchopsrule
                one thing that's helped me out a lot with sweep picking....just remember that your picking hand has to move a lot more slowly than you think it would have to.
                This is soooo true if you want your sweeps to be in time with the rest of your playing, unless your doing it on purpose for effect making your sweeps faster that the rest of the licks in your solo. well said man!!!!
                Guitars:EJ Strat, PRS SE Bernie Marsden (with Bare Knuckle Mules), PRS SE Custom 24 Floyd (with Joe Satriani set) PRS SE Zach Myers (Totally Customized for me with Dimarzio Air Classics),Carvin CS6, Gretsch 5422, Taylor 612 ce. Amp:Limited Edition Blues Junior (W/ Eminence Canibis-Rex Speaker ). Effects: Fulltone Full-drive Mosfet 2, Strymon Timeline, TC Electronic Vortex Flanger, Golden Cello Distortion Pedal.

"I am not ashamed of the good news of JESUS CHRIST"
                CHRIST

Comment

Working...
                X