Any Acid Pro user that can help me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Acid Pro user that can help me?

OK, my brother-in-law gave me Acid Pro and Adobe Audition this weekend so I'm having a lot of fun preparing myself for a come back in this section of the forum.

I've always used Cool Edit Pro for recordings so I feel pretty much at home with Adobe Audition, yet Acid is a lot more powerful.

The problem I have is this:

I can't seem to be able to have my guitar recordings in sync with the project tempo. Even if I choose to record as a one-shot, when I play the project back, there's a slight delay in my recordings. When I record as a beatmapped file, then the tempo is totally off, but I can correct it with the beatmap wizard... yet this is annoying when you think that in Adobe Auidtion, I just hit record and everything falls perfectly into place.

Is there something I don't get about Acid? Why is the initial version of my recodings are always totally off tempo? Acid gives you a lot of control over the tempo, yet I wonder why my recodings never start where I actually started them while playing. The help files doesn't help much.

Thanks in advance!

Gibson Les Paul Traditional
    Norman B50 Acoustic Guitar

Re: Any Acid Pro user that can help me?

Sly I don't use acid pro, I use acid music and cakewalk guitar tracks. I don't know if I can help.

Do you record your guitar with acid pro? Is there a little bit of blank audio at the front of the audio clip? I have to clean up those clips if I want to sync them with other instruments.
    https://www.bandmix.com/stevereed/

Comment

Thanks Stevo.

Yes, I'm talking about pieces of guitars I just recorded with Acid Pro.

I also suspected this (blank in front or something) and checked if there was any inital offset I wasn't aware of, but it doesn't seem to be the case.

I hit the record button, choose to start the recording at the beginning and either as a beatmapped file (which tempo can be modified) or as a one-shot (which tempo can't be modified). The latter is supposed to be in sync but it's not. The delay is very small but audible, I'd say half a beat or so.

Using acid drum loops, I can now get great recordings with Adobe Audition, so I may stick with it. It's better than Cool Edit Pro and it doesn't get's in my way as much as Acid.

I'm still reading the help files trying to find out what I don't see (I can't believe this thing is that complicated, that would be too unproductive). I must be missing something.

If you have any idea, you're welcome bro! Thanks. I'll post my discoveries if I ever have any.

Comment

Well, I know the problem now... Acid Pro 5.0 requires a 800 MHz or better processor... and I have a 500 MHz Pentium III so no amount of buffering will correct the playback problem.

Maybe I should read the Read Me files more often

And since I won't change the machine until next year, I'll put Acid Pro on the back burner for a while.

Adobe Audition is great and I still have all the cool Acid drum loops.

I'll be back soon with a jazzy clean clip to show my new Traynor, Dot and drum tracks.

Comment

Working...
        X