Jammermatt.... gone Country???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jammermatt.... gone Country???

So the new Guitar One arrives with Brad Paisley on the cover. Now, I've heard a few of his cuts, and this dude definitely has the chops to deliver.

So, anyway, they have a section in there "Country for Rockers." A week-long guide to country playing. I figure, what the hay (get it?), I don't know a dang thing about playing country, so I'm gonna give 'er a whirl. So, I skipped right to day two, Rhythm Playing, since day one was Cowboy Chords and I knew those.

Anyway, USA Strat -> Line 6 Twin Reverb model, and some of those rhythms are sounding pretty darned cool.

I'm not ready to trade my Soloist in for a Tele, but I must say, the change of pace is nice.

Any other recommendations for Rockers who want to know just a little Country?

-Matt
    Originally posted by Scott_F
    On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

Re: Jammermatt.... gone Country???

Johnny Hiland can make your head spin!

I have been trying to develop some of the chops those fast guit-pickers have, but seem to fall short.

Keith Urban is a pretty good hick rocker, as well!
    ~ Life In Every Breath~

www.gordonsgroovyguitars.com

Comment

Re: Jammermatt.... gone Country???

Thanks Gordon,

How 'bout something simple for this knucklehead. I'm thinking some easy Classic Country.
      Originally posted by Scott_F
      On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

Comment

Working...
      X