Soloing Skills help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soloing Skills help

Hey ive been doodling with my guitar for awhile and i realized i have terrible solo skills because cause the first 3 or 4 notes might sound right but the rest usually comes out complete crap, and no i dont know all my major scales and petonics and stuff

any tips on how to improve these skills? i know what i want to hear next in the solo but i somehow just cant hit those right strings

is their way to soloing without knowing the scales? or if not is their a site or something with all the scales i need to learn? thanks

Re: Soloing Skills help

Studiobuddy, you have your posts turned back on. Others can see what you post again. Welcome back, behave yourself.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Hey Studiobuddy, welcome back, bro.

I would first start by learning the Cmajor scale in the five main positions. The Cmajor is also the Aminor, one of the most played scales in rock. So you get double-duty.

In general, try doing this. Mind you, it is quite basic but will generally work, at least you can end and begin on the right note.

1. For playing over a Cmajor chord, begin and end all phrases with C,E or G
      2. For playing over a Dminor chord, begin and end all phrases with a D, E or F.
      3. Over a Eminor, begin and end on E, G or B.
      4. Fmajor, F, A or C
      5. Gmajor, G, B or D
      6. Aminor, A, C or E
      7. Bdiminished (aw, let's just say Bminor), B, D or F.

This will get you through The Cmajor (Aminor) based tunes, which comprise approximately half of popular rock, pop and blues (and Country!)

-Matt
      Originally posted by Scott_F
      On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

Comment

thanks that helps a litte more but is there a site with these scales?

Comment

Originally posted by JammerMatt
          2. For playing over a Dminor chord, begin and end all phrases with a D, E or F

-Matt
          Pretty sure that's supposed to be D F A =) (Im sure you know matt and just made a mistake but just to let him know.)

Here are a lot: http://www.mxtabs.net/search_results...t=Guitar&Go=Go

I understand that it will simply be too much and you wont know where to start, so to give you a tip, learn the major and minor scale (same notes but different way) and the five positions for the pentatonic scale.
          It dosnt really matter which note is before the scale (like F major or G minor) because it's the same scales, just move them around, like for example if a G minor scale starts like this:

E--3-5-6

Thats:

E--5-7-8 in A minor.

And when I say that the major and minor scale have the same notes in them, I mean that a C major scales would be: C D E F G A B C and an A minor scale would be A B C D E F G A, see?
          The cake is a lie!

www.myspace.com/eternalexilesthlm

Comment

Or... Check out this site...

There's also a handy dandy little chord and scale application on there that you can download for free...

Comment

Originally posted by Leveller
              Pretty sure that's supposed to be D F A =)
              Yup, there's a late-night post for ya!

I was getting confused with the inverted Hungarian whole-note melodic minor scale I've been practicing

Leveller's right, DFA.

-Matt
              Originally posted by Scott_F
              On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

Comment

Working...
              X