Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNR - KOHD. With vocals and improv solo :D

Here I am again with a new recording

And this time I had to test my vocalskills for a change :P My voice is usually limited to party-use, but this song is kind of boring without vocals

The first solo is a replica of Slash, but the second solo is pure improv. Tell me what you think of it!

And I've skipped the last part of the song. I don't like it.

Knockin' on heavens door (6,1 MB)

Re: GNR - KOHD. With vocals and improv solo

Sounds pretty good, although in the first solo its almost like your afriad to bend to notes to full pitch, (super tight strings or weak fingers? No offense) you've got a nice tone there, what p'ups do u have. Wheres that Axl squawk, your voice sounds very grungey for this song, good effort though you hit all the right notes. I'm gonna submit some of my GNR recordings somewhen, so watch this space.
    '00 Ibanez RG470 TB-6 / APS-2 / SH-6n (Fully Chromed hardware inc Orig Floyd)
    '81 Gibson Les Paul Custom JB / PGn
    '05 Custom Hardtail Strat Sh-5b / SH-2n

Laney GH100TI & the matching 4x12
    Engl Thunder 50 Combo
    TC Electronic G Major
    Korg DTR2000 Tuner

Comment

Originally posted by matt_transition
      Sounds pretty good, although in the first solo its almost like your afriad to bend to notes to full pitch, (super tight strings or weak fingers? No offense) you've got a nice tone there, what p'ups do u have. Wheres that Axl squawk, your voice sounds very grungey for this song, good effort though you hit all the right notes. I'm gonna submit some of my GNR recordings somewhen, so watch this space.
      Would be cool to hear your GNR recording!

I use stock pickups on a Epi LP Custom.

I ain't to good at bending yet. But I'm practising And I sure ain't no Axl Rose

But thanks alot for comment!

What do you think of my improv solo by the way?

Comment

Kick ass job man! Rhythm playing was perfect and the vocals weren't bad at all

The bends do need a lot of work though
        A few choons

Comment

The improv was good, i always like to hear lesser experienced guitarists actually play melodic solos, instead of trying to be flashy & sounding very sloppy, something i was guilty of when i started out.
          '00 Ibanez RG470 TB-6 / APS-2 / SH-6n (Fully Chromed hardware inc Orig Floyd)
          '81 Gibson Les Paul Custom JB / PGn
          '05 Custom Hardtail Strat Sh-5b / SH-2n

Laney GH100TI & the matching 4x12
          Engl Thunder 50 Combo
          TC Electronic G Major
          Korg DTR2000 Tuner

Comment

Working...
          X